Gil Reid - R.I.P.

Wolf wrote:
> Jack wrote: > >> Question: didn't he also do a few regular >> non-painting related articles for MR as well (you know, layout
>> articles and >> such)? > > Yes. His series on designing and building the Portage Hill and > Communipaw was a landmark IMO. It ushered in the "project railroad", > although it took a while for MR to realise that's what a lot their > newbie readers wanted.
I remember seeing that series in some very old MRs that were given to me. I didn't realise that Reid was the author. Have to look then up again!
You are another person with no social skills who hides on internet train boards and plays with trains alone versus dealing with humans in the real world. I am sorry for you I offer help if you need it.
Mark Newton wrote:

Heh. I mock your pitiful attempts to be amusing. What's next? Gonna tell me to "get a life"? Or "my mother wears combat boots"? Grow up, and get a real name...if you even have one. Oh, wait, I forgot. You have an appointment at the nearest Funeral Home to trash the recently departed (too bad you gotta walk there since you're not old enough to drive). Have fun!
How old are you? You post under a fake name which spells Pac Man, a kids game. Telling.
Grow up, I have whiskers older than you are sonny. Now we all know "Paul" is a fake name you use on daddy's internet account to post with the grown ups. You are not fooling anyone "PACMAN" !
Pac Man wrote:

Some headcase pretending to be snipped-for-privacy@aim.com wrote:
> You are another person with no social skills who hides on internet > train boards and plays with trains alone versus dealing with humans > in the real world. I am sorry for you I offer help if you need it.
Tell me, loony, how do you think you could help anyone? You're far too busy projecting your own problems onto others.
You have enough problems loony without me trying to project anything onto you. I will pray for you to get better.
Mark Newton wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@aim.com wrote:

LOL! Thanks heaps, godbotherer!

Still feeding the troll?
fl@liner
fl@liner wrote:

Yeah, I know. Shouldn't kick cripples, shouldn't feed trolls...
What grade are you in now? Are you driving yet or riding the car with dad? Obviously you are are immature just trying to understand what a troll like you is motivated by.
Mark Newton wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@aim.com wrote:
> What grade are you in now? Are you driving yet or riding the car > with dad? Obviously you are are immature just trying to understand > what a troll like you is motivated by.
Welome back, Spanky! As before, you need to try much harder...
You spank off Mark?
Mark Newton wrote:

To guys like you anything is trashing, please be a man In the real world you have to take it. What do you do for a living that lets you hide and complain anyone says anything you don't like??
And sure, "Paul" that is your name. Paul in Mass. the state, right. That is sure convincing.........NOT. "Hey there is a guy named Paul living in a state, therefore this guy is not a fake" Approach reality "Paul".
Pac Man wrote:

Dude, get a grip. No one is above being criticized (even you). But to do so on an RIP thread about a guy that just died? That's cold, man. I hope you can live with yourself 'cause I sure don't know anyone who would want to live with you.

Fine, buddy boy. Check out this pic of me with about 35 of my fellow railroad club members:
http://www.ssmrc.org/Group%20photo%209-06.jpg
I'm the one with the beard and the New England Patriots hat holding the sign...and note that the sign says "South Shore Model Railway Club" in "Hingham, MA" as in Massachusetts. But knowing that you suffer from rectal cranium inversion, here's another photo link to a picture of me:
http://home.earthlink.net/~cutler2/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/MV C-185X.JPG
I'm the one with the beard and the Conway Scenic Railroad hat, and that picture was taken at the same club as above. Note that in the link above, there's my Earthlink account name "cutler2". Gee, now why would I have that? I mean, it's not like my last name is "Cutler" or anything...oh, wait, IT IS! Gosh. Who da thunk it? And just for kicks, here's another photo link of me:
http://www.ssmrc.org/photogallery/Test%20Photos%2002182006/beardman.jpg
I'm the one on the left with the beard and the South Shore Model Railway Club hat and radio headset. Note that on my shirt, you can read where it says that "Paul III" is printed on it. Huh. Sounds like my name, doesn't it? I suppose you could think that I'm still trying to pull the wool over your eyes, but then if you did do the Google group search on my name like I told you to, you will see I've been posting here on r.m.r since at least 1998. And if you do a web search on my name, you will also see that I've been a regular poster on the Atlas Forum (http://forum.atlasrr.com ), the Model Railroader Forum (www.trains.com), and the New Haven Forum at www.nhrhta.org for many years. So, yes, my name really is Paul, and you are still just like a slinky. Useless, but it still makes you smile when you see it pushed down a flight of stairs.
Have a nice one!
Yawn. Those are pictures you found on the internet and say they are you, that is fraud. Dude, we know you are a fake. But why are you so angry?
Someday when you grow up you will find a woman (or more likely pay one) to be with you. Then you will be a man. For now though "Paul" (is that the name you use on the phone sex lines?) we know you are a fake name poster child.
PS, next time you find a photo of yourself to fake under, find someone better looking and less fat. Why insult yourself?
Pac Man wrote:

On Mon, 08 Jan 2007 01:04:26 GMT, I said, "Pick a card, any card"

Well, you just scared the life out of some of the regulars now. And, for the sake of the dead guy, here's a new thread where we can go hammer and tong at each other and not offend.
I haven't decided who to pick on. Give me a reason not to pick on you and don't send me a link to another picture of Bigfoot. -- Ray
snipped-for-privacy@aim.com wrote:
> How else do you judge a painting other than your own eyes?
By having some knowledge of the subject, method, technique, other works in that genre, etc.
> If he had not worked for Kalmbach who hyped his work to make money > themselves, he would not be seen as such a great painter.
Odd, then, that Reid did the art for the Amtrak calendars for so many years. They didn't "hype" him, or make money from his work.
Mark Mathu wrote:

Wow! Sorry to hear that. He had a great talent. I've got a print of his "79 miles per hour" hanging in my hallway.
David
Death Notice - Gilmore Wiley "Gil" Reid Sr. http://www.legacy.com/JSOnline/DeathNotices.asp?Page=Lifestory&PersonId 858148
Mark Mathu wrote:

Sad. I have a couple of his prints. I liked his impressionistic yet accurate style. And his handling of light was superb. It was requests for reprints for a TRAINS cover showing night trains in Chicago (IIRC) that started his art publishing career, I believe.