Gil Reid - R.I.P.

By having some knowledge of the subject, method, technique, other works in that genre, etc.

Odd, then, that Reid did the art for the Amtrak calendars for so many years. They didn't "hype" him, or make money from his work.

Reply to
Mark Newton

Puh-leeze. You trashed him. You said, "Only Kalmbach kepy hyping them cause they got money from them." So you were in effect saying that Gil Reid wasn't a good enough artist to be popular on his own, he was only popular because Kalmbach forced his art on the masses because he worked for them. Ding! That's one on the "trash"-meter.

You said, "No sense of motion just lines and linear." C'mon. An architectural drawing is "just lines and linear". Ding! That's two on the "trash"-meter.

You didn't just say they were overrated, you said, "His paintings however were WAY over rated." Note that "SHOUTING" part of your quote? And you're doing this all on a "Rest In Piece" labeled thread. Ding! That's three on the "trash"-meter. Let me ask you, do you routinely go to wakes and funerals and tell the family and friends that they're loved one's work was "WAY overrated"? Just classless, man. You want to be critical of his work? Start a new thread. And you're doing this trashing under the name of an old time poster "Curt Mc"...the same guy from the Atlas Forum. I note we still don't know your name..."curtmchere". Oh, and if you doubt my existance as "Paul", be assured I'm using my real name. Go ahead, look me up (hint: I'm in Massachusetts).

Paul A. Cutler III

************* Weather Or No Go New Haven *************
Reply to
Pac Man

So, he's a nutter, but he's not the person he claims to be? I was wondering about that. I'd seen posts by Curt Mc on other forums, and couldn't reconcile them with the drivel posted here under that name.

Cheers,

Mark.

Reply to
Mark Newton

Sad to hear someone who's meant a lot to railroading pass away, irregardless of what some on here would say. Question: didn't he also do a few regular non-painting related articles for MR as well (you know, layout articles and such)?

Reply to
Jack

To guys like you anything is trashing, please be a man In the real world you have to take it. What do you do for a living that lets you hide and complain anyone says anything you don't like??

And sure, "Paul" that is your name. Paul > >

Reply to
curtmchere

Reply to
curtmchere

Yes. His series on designing and building the Portage Hill and Communipaw was a landmark IMO. It ushered in the "project railroad", although it took a while for MR to realise that's what a lot their newbie readers wanted.

Reply to
Wolf

Heh. I mock your pitiful attempts to be amusing. What's next? Gonna tell me to "get a life"? Or "my mother wears combat boots"? Grow up, and get a real name...if you even have one. Oh, wait, I forgot. You have an appointment at the nearest Funeral Home to trash the recently departed (too bad you gotta walk there since you're not old enough to drive). Have fun!

Paul A. Cutler III

************* Weather Or No Go New Haven *************
Reply to
Pac Man

Dude, get a grip. No one is above being criticized (even you). But to do so on an RIP thread about a guy that just died? That's cold, man. I hope you can live with yourself 'cause I sure don't know anyone who would want to live with you.

Fine, buddy boy. Check out this pic of me with about 35 of my fellow railroad club members:

I'm the one with the beard and the New England Patriots hat holding the sign...and note that the sign says "South Shore Model Railway Club" in "Hingham, MA" as in Massachusetts. But knowing that you suffer from rectal cranium inversion, here's another photo link to a picture of me:

I'm the one with the beard and the Conway Scenic Railroad hat, and that picture was taken at the same club as above. Note that in the link above, there's my Earthlink account name "cutler2". Gee, now why would I have that? I mean, it's not like my last name is "Cutler" or anything...oh, wait, IT IS! Gosh. Who da thunk it? And just for kicks, here's another photo link of me:

I'm the one on the left with the beard and the South Shore Model Railway Club hat and radio headset. Note that on my shirt, you can read where it says that "Paul III" is printed on it. Huh. Sounds like my name, doesn't it? I suppose you could think that I'm still trying to pull the wool over your eyes, but then if you did do the Google group search on my name like I told you to, you will see I've been posting here on r.m.r since at least

1998. And if you do a web search on my name, you will also see that I've been a regular poster on the Atlas Forum
the Model Railroader Forum
and the New Haven Forum at
for many years. So, yes, my name really is Paul, and you are still just like a slinky. Useless, but it still makes you smile when you see it pushed down a flight of stairs.

Have a nice one!

Paul A. Cutler III

************* Weather Or No Go New Haven *************
Reply to
Pac Man

How old are you? You post under a fake name which spells Pac Man, a kids game. Telling.

Grow up, I have whiskers older than you are s> > You are another person with no social skills who hides on internet

Reply to
curtmchere

Yawn. Those are pictures you found on the internet and say they are you, that is fraud. Dude, we know you are a fake. But why are you so angry?

Someday when you grow up you will find a woman (or more likely pay one) to be with you. Then you will be a man. For now though "Paul" (is that the name you use on the phone sex lines?) we know you are a fake name poster child.

PS, next time you f> > To guys like you anything is trashing, please be a man

Reply to
curtmchere

On Mon, 08 Jan 2007 01:04:26 GMT, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and "Pac Man" instead replied:

Well, you just scared the life out of some of the regulars now. And, for the sake of the dead guy, here's a new thread where we can go hammer and tong at each other and not offend.

I haven't decided who to pick on. Give me a reason not to pick on you and don't send me a link to another picture of Bigfoot.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

He was a talented painter and a fellow railfan. May he rest in peace.

Dale

Reply to
Dale

I remember seeing that series in some very old MRs that were given to me. I didn't realise that Reid was the author. Have to look then up again!

Reply to
Mark Newton

Tell me, loony, how do you think you could help anyone? You're far too busy projecting your own problems onto others.

Reply to
Mark Newton

Reply to
curtmchere

LOL! Thanks heaps, godbotherer!

Reply to
Mark Newton

Still feeding the troll?

fl@liner

Reply to
fieromike1945

Yeah, I know. Shouldn't kick cripples, shouldn't feed trolls...

Reply to
Mark Newton

Reply to
curtmchere