Help Making Passenger Cars Opaque

I recently got a bargain on some Bachmann Spectrum On30 to try out this size. I'm very impressed with this equipment, save for the interior lighting shining through the light colored car bodies. I need to put a coat of silver paint on the car interior as a light barrier. Does anyone know a trick for applying this paint and keeping it off the visible edges of the window frames short of applying liquid mask to every window? For that much effort to be able to spray the interior, I might just as well carefully brush paint the inside walls. Is there some kind of mini paint roller that could just roll along the inner wall of the car? Thanks in advance, Geezer

Reply to
Geezer

"Geezer" wrote in news:K_WdnfInE7WGZUDVnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

*snip*

A couple ideas spring to mind: Foam rollers (available at most hardware stores) Felt wrapped around a dowel (smaller than the foam roller) Paper towel, dipped in paint and then applied to the inside.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

On 9/27/2008 2:08 AM Geezer spake thus:

You can get a little paint roller kit, with a roller that's 1-1/4" x 3", at Home Despot and elsewhere. Don't know if that's small enough to get inside your car, though.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

A way to block the light is to line the insides of the cars with metallic duct tape, or any other suitable light blocking tape.

Reply to
Ken Rice

On 9/27/2008 9:21 PM Ken Rice spake thus:

Sounds doable, but how do you cut out the window openings? From the outside, carefully?

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Actually, any color paint will do the job just fine. With that scale, you might also wish to do some seats, etc. for the interiors. That way, you will paint the inside walls the right color and then the stuff inside will stand out nicely. I'll also note that you really should paint the outside as well as the translucence of the plastic will soon look odd to your increasingly discriminating eyes.

-- Bob May

Bob May