Holiday Train Display

Anyone who lives in the Dallas area that is interested in seeing a large train display should head over to North Park Mall.

With the exception of one small HO Christmas layout, it is mostly O27 and G scale. But is is large and there are trains running everywhere! I havent't quite figured out how they run so many at the same time without having collisions.

The kids (young and old) will have a great time. It's noisy since most of the trains have sound and there is action everywhere. There is a scene where the trains go past Mt. Rushmore and past a riverboat with a moving paddlewheel.

There is a lot of old classic Lionel pieces there too. I thought it was humerous to watch a train of about eight circus cars with giraffes heads sticking out of the roof. Then watch them all duck their heads in sequence on different areas of the track!

It costs $4 for adults to get in, but all of the proceeds go to Ronald McDonald House. It's well the money just to see so many trains running at one time.

Reply to
wade-kiki