Intermountain N scale wheel sets

Has anyone experienced what I did? When I installed low profile Intermountain N scale metal wheel sets in some LBF coal cars the wheels will roll in the trucks
but drag something awful on the rails.
Larry at Papas Trains
Larry,
Sounds like Fred's cars need short axles. Atlas has some 33" wheel sets that have shorter axles and are made specically for MT trucks. Before these were available, I used a small drill to 'ream' out the bearing surface in MT trucks so I could use Atlas metal wheel sets. The rub here is that those LBF cars should have at least 36" wheel sets. Who is LBF getting their trucks from or is Fred making is own standard here with very short axles?
Jim Bernier