Intermountain SP AC-12

Has any one in the group had any expericences with this new model ??? I've seen one and the detail is just great as good / better than Brass. But I'm hearing that it's running qualities with a train behind it are not so good. I would appericate feed back on this and coments on the model.

Thanks, Malcolm.

Reply to
Malcolm Donaldson

Malcolm Donaldson wrote: : Has any one in the group had any expericences with this new model ??? : AC-12? I thought Athern (?) was bringing out the AC-12, and IM brought out the AC-5 a few years ago? In contrast, the AC-12 was supposed to be out in July '06...

The AC-5 I understand, happily de-rails itself on frogs.

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

Intermountain came out with their AC-12 the end of last month and are expected to come out with the decoder version in Feb. The AC-4 & 5 were recently done by Broadway Limited -- we have several running on our club layout and they do just fine over the frogs and every where else. Athearn is doing a Big Boy and recently did a Challenger. Rivarossi has had an AC-11 (12) out for years. With some minor upgrades it can be made to look very good -- except the wheels are too small. Also, Precision Craft is supposedly come out with their AC-12 soon.

J. Bright

Reply to
Jim Bright

Jim Bright wrote: : : Intermountain came out with their AC-12 the end of last month and are : expected to come out with the decoder version in Feb. : Yes, sorry. Saturday I checked the "coming announcements" book at ye olde LHS. The Challenger was the most recent (top) addition, and the AC-12 took some digging... :-)

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden