Internettrains.com

I don't want to seem rude or anything, but is the model railroad shopping site www.internettrains.com genuine? From where I am (South-East
Queensland, Australia), some of the prices seem just a little too good to be true. Has anyone had experience with this website?
They weren't that fast, I've had much better service from www.discounttrainsonline.com
If you want good prices, also check www.trainworld.com www.modeltrainstuff.com www.toytrainheaven.com
All recommended, but these places are very busy so don't expect too much in the way of communication. They'll ship what they can, you find out when you get the box in the mail... I can live with that.
Cheers,
Colin
|I don't want to seem rude or anything, but is the model railroad shopping | site www.internettrains.com genuine? From where I am (South-East | Queensland, Australia), some of the prices seem just a little too good to be | true. Has anyone had experience with this website?
My experiences have been that they are /slow/ relative to other on-line dealers. No actual problems with three orders spaced over a few years. First order had very lousy communications and I swore off them. And commented here on rmr. Second order, no issues. Third order had problems, (me) but /very/ good communications. When not in a hurry I'll certainly use them again.
CTucker NY
I usually go to www.firsthobby.com. When I was first getting started, I sent them some questions about length of trains, and what turntables would fit what trains; they sent an email detailing overall length of every train I asked about, and what turntables were available. Since then, I have ordered most of my stuff from them; they don't carry everything, but their inventory is very extensive....and usually cheaper than Internet Trains.
Christian wrote:

Good prices, slow service, and not everything in stock. But they are a reputable business. Just don't get in a hurry.
Danny TB wrote:

I've had good experience with Pacific Western Rail Systems http://www.pacific-western-rail.com/main.php
They assign a person to handle your business and they will call you to introduce themselves. Pretty friendly customer orientated people.
Brian