Kadee Spiker parts

Has anybody out there got a copy of the Kadee spiker parts diagram / instructions they can scan and email me? The cat's knocked mine off the layout and it now only pushes the spikes part way in. I believe all the parts are still available from Kadee( must get that code 70 conversion as well!), but before I start dismantling it I'd like to know what all the bits are so if I do need spares I know what to ask for!

Tom Bell

(remove !!'s from reply address)

Reply to
Tom Bell

Good luck finding parts. I understand that Kadee hasn't made the Spiker for a good long time and I'd suspect that they'd have long been out of spare parts for that thing. I tried one of them once and determined that they are good for code100 rail but smaller rails tended to be dimpled by the forces or the spikes weren't fully pressed home, the better of two worlds as you just then go back and finish the job.

-- Bob May Losing weight is easy! If you ever want to lose weight, eat and drink less. Works every time it is tried!

Reply to
Bob May

I've got a lot of Spiker papers. The "instruction book" I have is 7 pages in 14" x 10" format that I can't scan. It sounds like you really just need the last page which is the exploded parts diagram, which probably could be scanned in 2 shots. If you want the whole thing, I think it may be better to pay to have a copy made and mailed. I also have a separate 8.5" x 11" format "Speedy order form" for the spiker with a illustrated replacement parts list. I think it shows all the parts, but they aren't shown in their physical "exploded" relative positions so it won't answer every question about how they fit together. Let me know whether you want to pay for a copy, or a 2-part scan of the big page, or a scan of the 2 parts list pages. Gary Q

Reply to
Geezer

You need a different "head" (I forget the exact name) for smaller rail. Kadee did have the parts at one time to make the spiker specific for code

70, I don't think code 83 was available at the time. Code 40 is easier to solder to PC board copper clad ties.

Don

-- snipped-for-privacy@prodigy.net

snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com moderator: snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com moderator: snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com co-moderator: snipped-for-privacy@Yahoogroups.com

Trainman

Best of luck finding parts. I tried to get a cutter for mine a couple of years ago. Kadee replied saying they no longer had any spares for the track spiker and that they only had a limited supply of spikes, code 100 and 83.

regards Charles Emerson

Reply to
Charles Emerson

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 14:05:20 -0000, "Tom Bell" shared this with the world:

Is this what you are looking for?

Kent

Reply to
Kent Ashton