Latest UP madness

Well, let's see, folks with more money than sense and the desperate need to identify with some larger group? Both Kent and Jerry seem to fit that mold.

One might get the idea their "sense of perspective" is a bit narrow, almost "tunnel" vision, in fact, but considering where their heads are at it all makes sense.

Reply to
Steve Caple

Guess we won't be seeing any more articles by Mike Brock on his Sherman Hill layout. Or Pelle Sjoborg's UP locos detailing....

:D

Kennedy

Reply to
Kennedy (no longer not on The Haggis!)

Relevance is appropriate here.

Also, perspective is also relevant.

I have never seen a K.C. or any other team fan ever go out and purchase 5 each emblazoned jackets, sweatshirts, pullovers, and 10 emblazoned coffee and drink cups on a semi-monthly basis (not unless they were reselling them). I have seen them buy one or two a year. Is that the solution for this problem? Cut our visits and purchases at our local hobby shop to once or twice a year? I think this person thinks so... or maybe used an incorrect analogy.

Sure a sports fan doesn't not m> >

Reply to
Art Marsh

No, explain it to me.

No, it doesn't.

Reply to
Mark Newton

This one is over. Where did the fascist bit come from here? I missed that.

Is ther ANY UP thread here that does not end up in somebody flaming somebody?

Reply to
MrRathburne

The two frenchmen find each other........................

Reply to
MrRathburne

Reply to
MrRathburne

That is the spirit frenchy. Surrender.

Reply to
MrRathburne

I think the publisher said the UP said they could publish the book with photos of UP equipment etc. They just can't use the trademark logo in the book outside of a picture. Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

The KC Cheifs or St Louis Cardinals have a logo. Any Manufacturer that want to put their logos on any product has to pay for the priveledge, thus the logoed T Shirt is $$ more than the plain one or one with a goofy picture. Same with any Logo, GM, Ford, Warner Brothers Characters, Disney Characters. All these are copyrighted "logos" you have to pay to be able to sell things with the logos on.

So far model railroad locos/rolling stock has NOT had to pay, they freely copy logos and sell their locos/rolling stock. All UP is asking is that their "Logo" be treated the same as any other corporations. IE: "If you want to use it, pay us for it just like you would any other company".

Reply to
wannand

I don't like Rathburne so what. And no matter what you think, concerning the UP actions, you will have to get used to it Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

They run some nice steam, that is one reason. I will see it this weekend come to think of it.. Ever the seen the 3985? What a beauty. Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

At least we have heads and are capable of understanding the world. Maybe it is because we know the difference between toys and reality Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

Salvé "MrRathburne" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

French railways are rather better run than most US or british ones, so why lower yourself to their level? Beowulf

Reply to
Beowulf

Jerry wrote: >

...waste of good scrap steel.

Reply to
Mark Newton

Actually, you did, but I gather syphillis causes memory loss, so...

Reply to
Mark Newton

Actually, you are full of crap but then considering what hole you put your c*ck in that is not surprising. I doubt you have children but that is not surprising either, it's the other hole, jerk. Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

you always think you know a lot about crap. This tells me that supposed business you run is probably a plumbing company, cleaning up everyone elses crap. Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

I have a copy of George Drury's SP in the Bay Area. Cover has a SP train exiting a covered shed, there's a SP Lines Logo on it.

If the logo wasn't there, it'd be tough to discern from the pic if it was actually an SP train, though if you look close enough, the SP name is on the tender. The logo just adds to the graphics of the cover.

I'd guess the publishers would just splash a big pic of UP rolling stock with some huge logo on it, to get around this.

Kennedy

Reply to
Kennedy (no longer not on The Haggis!)

You clean UP's toilets so you should know.

Reply to
MrRathburne