LIFE LONG DREAM

I am finally doing it. I have started building a 20'x22' room onto my house for the purpose of modeling HO trains and smoking my pipe. My
small part to stimulate the economy. John Hubbard

Fantastic!! Have Fun!!
On 2/28/2009 4:15 PM NICHE541 spake thus:

Congratulations.
Now someday, I might ...
--
Personally, I like Vista, but I probably won't use it. I like it

Congratulations!
Have any plans for the layout yet?
Puckdropper
--
On Usenet, no one can hear you laugh. That's a good thing, though, as some
writers are incorrigible.
NICHE541 wrote:

I wish I had all that room. Any ideas for a layout yet?
Chris

I am leaning towards a double dogbone that I can walk in and out of with ease
NICHE541 wrote:

Check out two books: a) 101 Layouts; b) Track Planning for Realistic operation.
Beware: layout planning can turn into a hobby of its own... ;-)
wolf k.

Good luck! I'm sure you derive a lot of pleasure from this endeavor. BTW, if you are going to smoke in the room, consider a good electronic air cleaner. That'll help the economy even more and you'll find that your trains will benefit, too.
Bill
NICHE541 wrote:

Great!
On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 16:15:27 -0800 (PST), NICHE541

I don't smoke, but I'd love to have that kind of room to build a layout. I hope you plan on providing a link to photos once you start building.

Yes but remember, it won't stimulate unless you provide tax cuts :-)
John Carter wrote:

Each additional dollar on tax cuts returns about $1.03 increased GDP, infrastructure about $1.59, food stamps about $1.73. (Moody's Analytics, West Chester, PA, quoted in Harper's Index, April 2009).
Wonder what that would be in HO dollars. ;-)
wolf k.
On Thu, 26 Mar 2009 09:46:08 -0500, Wolf K wrote:

Er, uh, what did they have to say about, say, AIG, in early 2007? Lehman Bros? Or even Goldman-Sachs, masters of the Rape of Montana perpetrated along with RNC chairman Mark Racicot, and who should have been the ones tossed over the side this time except that Bush's T-boy was Hank Paulson, former GS head, so Lehman won the lottery instead.
--
Steve

Steve Caple wrote:

Read the lead article in Harper's April 2009 issue for a few shards of light (but you won't like what they illuminate.)

So what happened during the era of Reagan and Bush 2 tax cuts. We know neither caught a pop from infrastructure nor food stamps, unless claiming ketchup was a vegetable counted for something.