Lionel HO Challenger

Having just acquired one of these at the big discount, I am so far pleased except for one thing:

The boiler seems to be unstable and easily rocked from side to side. At speeds above 20 MPH, it does a fast shimmy. This would suggest that the wheel assembly top bearing surfaces are not wide enough. Has anyone investigated a fix for this?

Since Lionel only dipped its toe into HO, I wonder which SIG might be home for owners of Challengers and Verandas?

Hal

Reply to
Hal Greenlee

for owners of Challengers and Verandas?< Actually you got that great buy because Lionel in "again" out of the HO business.

Reply to
Jon Miller