Loco's not suitable for Atlas code 55 N-scale track

I like Atlas code 55 because it looks great, however I will need to change wheels on some rolling stock, with the cars thats no problem but what do I do with the locomotives that touch the ties, can I replace the wheels or is it complicated.

Greetz Jan

Reply to
Jan(Bouli)Van Gerwen

Jan, it would help if you would let us know what locos you are concerned about. NWSL sells replacement wheels for quite a few diesels and there are a couple of cottage industries that do loco mods. Personally, the only ones I've had trouble with are the old Lifelike diesels (for which NWSL has replacements), the ancient Atlas 4-6-2, and an old Bachmann Northern.

fl@liner

Reply to
fubar

The Lifelike diesels are on the edge fl@tliner , I have some old Minitrix engines that are a real problem and seeing what kind of rail they are made for , I'd probably better sell them or place them on a passive piece of track as scenery.

Maybe I should know but what does NWSL stand for and do you have a website?

Thanx Jan

Reply to
Jan(Bouli)Van Gerwen

Erik Olsen DK

Northwest Short Line's homepage is at:

Let me warn you that their catalog(ue?) an be a little difficult to work with, but there are a lot of goodies hidden in there!

The Lifelike diesels I referred to were the old F7, GP38-2, and BL-2 models. I don't have experience with any others except the excellent SW-8.

Unless you have some emotional attachment to the old Trix locos, they would probably bring decent money on eBay, or such. I have several engines that I'm agonizing over DCC installation, as well as the flange issue. I think I'm going to have to model a scrap line...

fl@liner

Reply to
fubar

Thanx again fl@liner , the scrap yard was just what I was thinking of to use the old minitrix loco's on , I haven't gone to DCC yet but I know that will be a problem as well for these.

I went to the NWSL site and if I'm not mistaken they don't have any N-scale products?

Greetz Jan

Reply to
Jan(Bouli)Van Gerwen

"Jan(Bouli)Van Gerwen" wrote in message news:475e7541$0$7914$ snipped-for-privacy@news.wanadoo.nl...

OOps my mistake when I went further into the site I found N-scale products.

Greetz Jan

Reply to
Jan(Bouli)Van Gerwen

Well, at least, I warned you about their catalog. You should be able to find geared wheelsets for the lifelike locos.

Best of luck. fl@liner

Reply to
fubar