Atlas Code 55 Flex-Track Question

I'm going to be installing some Atlas Code 55 Flex-Track, but before I get started I wanted to ask if anyone knows which way the track itself should be
curved.
When viewed from the underside of the track I can see that the ties on one side are all connected to one another while along the other side every third tie is not.
When I flex the track should the side with the solid line of ties be the outside of the curve radius or the inner edge?
My layout won't have any curves less than 15" in radius, and it seems to me that the side with every third tie free should form the inner radius of the curve, so as to keep the outside edge from having ties that are too widely spaced. Is this correct?
Best regards from Milwaukee, WI U.S.A. Gregory Braun
E-Mail: snipped-for-privacy@GregoryBraun.com Web Site: http://www.GregoryBraun.com Telephone: 1.414.817.6508
Slot Cars: http://www.HOSlotCarRacing.com Race Track: http://www.ScenicHillsRaceway.com
Ancient of days! august Athena! where, Where are thy men of might? thy grand in soul? Gone--glimmering through the dream of things that were.
--Byron
Greg,
Your assumption about tie spacing would be important only from the aspect of visual appearance.....in my opinion. Right now, I could not tell you which side the sliding rail is on my railroad, but I believe that it really does not matter. The biggest trick to using flex track is simple. Do NOT have your rail joiners side by side like they are with snap track. Off set your rail in the first piece of track by about 3 to 4 inches. Then bring in the next piece of track and slide the rail from it into the nubs on the first. When the rail butts up against one another, take a razor knife and cut away just the nubs, not the whole tie, to get a rail joiner in place. By doing this method, you always have a railjoiner on one rail being supported by solid rail on the other side. This is especially important on curved sections. With flex track you only need to cut rail when absolutely necesssary, such as when you come up to a switch or crossover. Now I am sure others will chime in with soldering rail before putting track down and other ideas so let the converstion continue. My major point is the offsetting of the joiners.
Bob
On 14 Aug 2003 11:00:08 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (EBTBOB) wrote:

As a rule, the rail will offset itself naturally in a curve...but you do have a good suggestion. I haven't laid any rail in several years, but the group I used to be associated with always soldered the joints after everything was in place.
Doesn't matter which way you go. Solid side in makes the ties on the outside further apart while vice versa happens the other way. It is purely a visual thing.
-- Bob May Losing weight is easy! If you ever want to lose weight, eat and drink less. Works evevery time it is tried!
On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 04:21:44 -0500, "Gregory Braun -- HO Slot Car

In theory, you have a good idea...but what do you do when you get into "S" curves? Are you going to cut your flex track, then flip the next piece the opposite direction? That would seem foolish, as it'd be much better to have a longer run without having a joint.
I can't speak for Code 55 (which sounds like N scale) track, but for Code 100 and 83 (HO scale), I've never noticed any problem bending it either way.