Look what the creeps at UP did.

Oy! But they were wurst brats! One was an Italian girl named Della, or as she's now known, Morta Della.

I know, I'm full of baloney.

Jay CNS&M Wireheads of the world, unite!

Reply to
JCunington

This isn't the NFL, it's model railroading.

For the 187,000th time, I don't dispute their legal right to do it, I condemn them FOR doing it. Others haven't.

This won't cost UP a dime. It will make them a tiny amount of money. However, Kato will lose huge. Upon release of the F3's I would have bought a set of each road. But, now I will only buy the BNSF heritage roads, and forgo the Rio Grande, Western Pacific and UP because I won't pay the licensing fee. I WILL get them from

from their legacy loco group. UP has no way of tracking what their custom painters do and they aren't paying UP anything. Besides, they do better paint jobs than Kato does.

Reply to
wolfee

1) Report when you find something; 2) Better yet, report when you don't find something -- which is what will happen; 3) Best... just go away.
Reply to
Mark Mathu

Whoa... I wrote that the traditional "G" logo is owned by the Green Bay Packers, which are part of the National Football League. I don't think anyone doubts that.

The logo used on the boxcar in the photo? Not a NFL logo? I sure didn't write that. Did Rathburne help you jump to that conclusion?

Read on...

Yes, that is what I have heard - they didn't use the traditional "G" Packers logo because of trademark issues. (Now granted, I wasn't in the board room when the railroad decided to add the logos to the freight cars... so who knows how accurate this is...)

It seems that the railroad felt that they could get around the trademark issue by using a new, different "Home of the Packers" logo.

But did they?

We have discussed the issue of football logos and trademark status on the GBW list at Yahoo!, and it was reported that at least one manufacturer (Kadee) has been reluctant to produce cars with the "Packers" logo (as shown in the photo) because they felt the NFL team owned the rights to the logo.

Just be thankful that the Union Pacific didn't acquire the GBW, or we'd have a real mess on our hands...

Reply to
Mark Mathu

Yes, he and I plot regularily at night............

Reply to
MrRathburne

The U.P. shareholder?s meeting is just 16 weeks away; how is the plan coming along? Is there a deadline for getting the issue on the agenda?

That would be me who says it won?t happen.

Reply to
Mark Mathu

At least they will try. You will just hide in your basement drunk and snipe at people on the train group you live in the real world.

Reply to
MrRathburne

Gawd you are a mess. Sitting around for weeks waiting for you to wiseass post against someone. Do you ever DO ANYTHING WORTHWHILE other than pollute the internet with your snipes?

Reply to
MrRathburne

You've been sitting around for weeks waiting for Mark to post???

Reply to
Gregory Procter