Märklin files for bankruptcy

"German Model Train Maker Goes Broke" BusinessWeek - Feb 6, 2009

Toymaker Märklin, in trouble since 2004, has declared bankruptcy but vows to continue chugging along with HO-gauge trains

Mark Mathu

How about their N scale Minitrix division?

Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.

When trying to get turnout motors for Minitrix, the guy at the shop told me that Minitrix is also "filed for bankruptcy" and that he only has very little pieces left. I could buy the missing ones at another shop, though.

Looks like most of the larger german model train companies (Märklin, Trix, Fleischmann, etc.) are involved by this chaos... We do have to wait and see what will happen, the current process may or may not restore some or all of the companies.

Ciao..

Reply to
Bernhard Agthe

It is a shame that this keeps happening. LGB went belly up and now M=E4rk= lin seems=20 to be going that way. I hope they make it.

Chris

Reply to
Chris

Bernhard Agthe skriver:

Since Märklin and Trix is the same company, they are involved.

Flesichmann has been taken over by Roco last year, so they aren't.

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus D. Mikkelsen