motorola based decoders

Hi,

I am looking for model train decoders, based on the Motorola protocol. I am using a two rail system with DC motors. Since I moved from Europe to Canada (ON) I am not familiar with the Canadian/US models. Any advise on different kind of models and location to purchase is welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Fred

Reply to
Fred Schell

Welcome to North America. For two rail DC systems, most of us use DCC, and NMRA standard for model train control. I have no idea what the "Motorola Protocol" is. For information on DCC and some products to consider, see

There are a couple of good beginner books regarding DCC available from Amazon or other booksellers:

Digital Command and Control - the Comprehensive guide to DCC by Ames, Friberg and Loizeaux

The Big Book of DCC (Digitrax)

Ed

in article hiWFc.276$ snipped-for-privacy@news04.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com, Fred Schell at snipped-for-privacy@rogers.com wrote on 7/4/04 9:32 AM:

Reply to
Edward A. Oates

rather rare in the Ca or US, however I would look for anything that says "selling Marklin digital" or "selling Uhlenbrock" or "selling Loksound/ESU" etc.

also lurking on the appropiate yahoo-groups a an option ... look for example in

cheers/jw (currently in London, ON)

Reply to
jens wulf