Narrow Gauge Railway Drawings

Does anybody have or know where I can get drawings of HOn3 narrow gauge wagons and simple locomotives for N track? I am building little
set-ups with my Grandson and wanted to find some wagon designs and engines that would fit on Minitrix 060 and diesel chassis.
Thank you.
snipped-for-privacy@hurontel.on.ca wrote:

Google "HOn30" or "HOn30 drawings". For your purposes, photos will do as well as drawings, I think. Anyhow, there was a fair amount of variation in dimensions, so anything you build that looks like the photos will do just fine.
30" (2-1/2ft) gauge was rare compared to 2ft and 3ft, but the dimensions of the rolling stock didn't vary all that much. Several makers made the same engine for several gauges (Porter was famous for doing this). So googling on "HOn3" will also yield useful pictures and some drawings.
Generally, 2ft gauge rolling stock was 5 to 6ft wide. Length depended on type and load, with larger freight cars 20-30ft long. The longer (passenger) cars were up to 40ft long.
The proportions of cabs, doors, windows, and appliances mounted on the boiler are the key features to achieving the narrow gauge look. A fairly easy conversion is to cut the cab off the Minitrix steam loco, and build one that will fit a six-foot tall HO person, ie, make it about 1 inch high floor to roof, about 7/8" wide, and about as long. Strip off the domes and smoke stack, etc, and replace with ones about 50% larger. Make a new end beams to the same dimensions as the cab width.
HTH
--
wolf k.

Wolf K. wrote:

Further to your request. I did a bit of googling, and found this site. The drawings aren't "construction quality", but they should give lots of useful ideas and plenty of inspiration!
http://www.geocities.com/pieter_roos/NarrowGauge/Locolist3.html
Have fun!
--
wolf k.

Thank you very much for the information and the link. There is a great amount of information to get me started. I had started to Google as well but did not get results like yours. Different key words probably.

On 3/17/2008 5:08 PM snipped-for-privacy@hurontel.on.ca spake thus:

Lots of people don't know you can use quotation marks to narrow your search to an exact phrase; "narrow gauge" gets you different results than just narrow gauge.
Thanks for all the suggestions.
On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 18:17:55 -0800, David Nebenzahl