O scale sources?

I have finally retired and now can get down to really laying track. I
have been out of the active hobby for years, although I still took the
mags, so it will probably take a while to see what has changed.
I have about a ton of O scale stuff that I boxed up 20 years ago when I
moved and had to change into armchair mode, so my needs for basics are not
very pressing right now. But I was wondering, from any other O scalers
out there, who has the best selection of mail order stuff for the scale?
(I am an operator, not a brass collector).
Thanks
Hagar
Reply to
Hagar
Assuming you mean 2-rail (and they're good for 3-rail too), P&D Hobby Shop near Detroit at
is a very good source. Gary Q
Reply to
Geezer
JusTrains.com
Free shipping on many orders. Not sure if that applies to "nowhere". :)
Reply to
Corelane
House of Duddy is *a* source; not sure if there is a website. If I find one I'll post it here.
The following is a post elsewhere in this group:::::::
-------- Original Message -------- Subject: Re: Track planning/layout software Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 11:05:00 -0500 From: Thor Newsgroups: rec.models.railroad References:
I use RR Track 4.0, for sectional track. I have libraries for N, HO, G / #1, Standard, TT, and various makes of O and S Designing them is fun. You can see about 400 on my site at
E-N-D__Original Message --------
There are other sources which will come to mind after posting this!!
If you are into "O"--Scale TrolleyCars and Interurbans, I import SPTC models and carry Q-Car parts.
Jim mailto: snipped-for-privacy@pacbell.net
Reply to
NoOne
Here is their website:
Good stuff!
Reply to
Corelane
One good place for O scale info is the O scale Yahoo group "Otrains". Also there are two dedicated O scale mags. One is "48/ft. O Scale News" and the other one is "O Scale Trains". Loads of good info and lots of ads on where to buy O scale stuff. O scale is making a comeback and there is a lot of non-brass stuff available these days. Good luck.
Reply to
C.A. Decker
Good suggestion. An active group with over 750 O Scalers on board. You'll find it at:
Which you can find at
From there, you'll find links to their current advertisers:
and other O Scale suppliers:
There's also an impressive list of O Scale suppliers and other resources on Gord's Model Rail pages, billed as "a complete listing of everything O Scale on the web":
Good hunting,
JR Hill
Reply to
Jim Hill