oil on moving parts?

Paul Johnson wrote:

Reporting of Georgonics is widespread.
Paul Johnson wrote massive amounts of mercifully snipped crap.
Do you ever actually contribute anything to this newsgroup that is on topc?
Or are you merely a common scold, who getts off by trolling the group with meaningless and useless diatribes about usenet "culture"?
<PLONK>

I did, but someone as clueless as you proved yourself to be on pdx.computers hijacked the thread.
On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 13:44:59 -0000, Paul Johnson wrote:

Er, uh, are you not familiar with the concept of footnotes?
Threaded newsreaders are what makes the conversation flow; get one and learn to use it. That flow is impeded by idiots who quote an entire message tree without clipping and append their two cents worth to the bottom. That kind of stupid crap is worse than any amount of top posting.
--
Steve

Yes, I am. The idea of the entire

I do. That's no excuse for authors to not take into account factors such as propagation, filters or attention span constraints on the part of the reader.

That kind of stupid crap is just as bad as top posting for mostly the same reasons. Conversational quoting is the method I'm advocating.

Yes, I am. The idea of the entire previous message in the footnotes is pretty stupid.