oil on moving parts?

Americans /can/ drive on the left of the road on two way streets, but that doesn't make it right.

They're not warped, yours are. I present RFC 1855 as evidence.

Reply to
Paul Johnson

On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 20:16:02 -0700, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and Paul Johnson instead replied:

A request for comments is not a rule you can enforce as a NetKop. It's also nothing more than a request for comments. Haven't you figured that out yet?

In case you missed this bit: This memo does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.

In other words, it allows you an official place to vent your feelings about this issue without annoying those who wish to post on the top of a message because they like that better.

See how that works? It's called freedom.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

And yet, you missed the important part:

) In the past, the population of people using the Internet had "grown ) up" with the Internet, were technically minded, and understood the ) nature of the transport and the protocols. Today, the community of ) Internet users includes people who are new to the environment. These ) "Newbies" are unfamiliar with the culture and don't need to know ) about transport and protocols. In order to bring these new users into ) the Internet culture quickly, this Guide offers a minimum set of ) behaviors which organizations and individuals may take and adapt for ) their own use.

Quit arguing that acting like a terminal newbie is a Good Thing when it's well established that it's not.

Reply to
Paul Johnson

Paul Johnson wrote massive amounts of mercifully snipped crap.

Do you ever actually contribute anything to this newsgroup that is on topc?

Or are you merely a common scold, who getts off by trolling the group with meaningless and useless diatribes about usenet "culture"?

Reply to
jJim McLaughlin

TOP POSTING! See how that works?

On 26 Oct 2007 08:15:26 -0700, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and Paul Johnson instead replied:

You're quoting that like it's important or something. To you? Oh, dear. A Request For Comments is nothing more than a collection of people whining.

There's nothing you can do about top posting. Give it up and resume discussing trains. Or, continue to act like a pork chop and do your best to try to get me to stop . . . (see above)

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

I did, but someone as clueless as you proved yourself to be on pdx.computers hijacked the thread.

Reply to
Paul Johnson