oil on moving parts?

Just the one? (rhetorical)

Which one were you asking, which or why? (non-rhetorical in a rhetorical sense)

Strange Ray, I was effectively saying the same about yours! Your questions/statement came first, so your comments apply to you before they apply to me.

Ok, ask your sheep to explain it to you.

Reply to
Greg Procter

Er, uh, are you not familiar with the concept of footnotes?

Threaded newsreaders are what makes the conversation flow; get one and learn to use it. That flow is impeded by idiots who quote an entire message tree without clipping and append their two cents worth to the bottom. That kind of stupid crap is worse than any amount of top posting.

Reply to
Steve Caple

Last Tango in Perth??

Reply to
Steve Caple

On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 13:30:53 +1300, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and Greg Procter instead replied:

Cut one out of your private stock for me, mate. The cute one over there maybe?

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 18:15:56 -0700, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and Steve Caple instead replied:

LOL

Dear God, I do believe he's trying to fix us up, Greg.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

skrive på

Unlike you, I don't distinguish between cute and otherwise ewes.

Reply to
Greg Procter

Well, if you're going to move in I'll have to tighten up the boxing ring ropes.

Reply to
Greg Procter

On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 17:03:22 +1300, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and Greg Procter instead replied:

Some of us do have standards, mate.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

Just don't call me Yentl.

Reply to
Steve Caple

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 23:41:33 -0700, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and Steve Caple instead replied:

Ok, Tevye.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

On 10/22/2007 10:46 PM Ray Haddad spake thus:

So you admit you had sex with that sheep, eh?

And did you stop beating your wife yet? Yes or no.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 00:43:20 -0700, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and David Nebenzahl instead replied:

Only that I have standards. Only cute sheep need apply.

I beat her up every day. She sleeps at least an hour more than I do.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

Yes, I've better move on, and my next step will be to killfile you.

Reply to
Erik Olsen DK

You're Australian.

Reply to
Greg Procter

He's Australian - it's compulsary.

Reply to
Greg Procter

No, conversations follow an order of continuity. What I mean by random is answering the question before it's asked, which is what top posting does (especially if you missed the prior post in the thread originally for whatever reason or read a high volume of messages in a day). Top posting also makes it difficult to correct the goofed quoting to maintain proper context and continuity later.

Reply to
Paul Johnson

That's specific to the Georgonics dialect of English and not widespread...

Reply to
Paul Johnson

Mindless bottom posting is a waste of bandwidth, sending the same ever-expanding trail of chipmunk droppings back and forth and forcing people wanting to read it to scroll down through the pile of dung to get to the new information. Threaded newsreaders aren't nything new, and if you DO miss a message they make it easy to go back up the thread tree and find what you missed or forgot.

Reply to
Steve Caple

On 10/23/2007 8:18 PM Steve Caple spake thus:

I'll tell you what's a waste of bandwidth, my trollish friend: a pathetically transparent attempt to impersonate another regular around here. BZZZZZZZZZT!

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 18:27:51 +0200, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and "Erik Olsen DK" instead replied:

Erik, there are some of us here who look at that as a blessing and not a threat. Trust me on that. Kill file me at any time.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad