OT: message volume

LOL! That's a great idea, no trash intake {;^)

Reply to
Brian Smith

I'm in America. I am posting to this group; therefore, this is an American group. Why do so many of you pretend to be posting from somewhere else?

Paul

Reply to
Paul Newhouse

Wishful thinking?

Reply to
Greg Procter

Bully for you. With attitudes like that it is no wonder the US as a country is so hated around the world.

As to R.M.R being a "American only news group", is a total load of c*ck and bull, and you know it too. It is not strictly a US based news group never was and never will be for that matter. Nowhere in the FAQ's of this news group does it state that this is a "*US* *ONLY*" newsgroup.

Reply to
Greg Rudd

He's kidding!

Reply to
Greg Procter

What really ticks me off is that they post their messages at such weird hours. How disrespectful. I really do wish that they would synchronize their clocks with us.

Reply to
Mark Mathu

Didn't you realize he was taking the mickey out of you when that hat with the funny ears popped outa your ass? Or is it just so absolutely mind-bogglingly enormously huge that you didn't feel it?

Reply to
Steve Caple

Oh, come on and get real. He was OBVIOUSLY joking and playing with the image people oftenm have (sometimes rightly) of the US. Taking offense at humor is just too sad for words. What ever happened to the great Australian sense of humour? Ned Kelly must spin in his grave.

cat

Reply to
cat

I wholeheartedly agree. Of course I run on Osaka time.

cat (also pronounced "neko")

Reply to
cat

Terrible idea! Think about it. Everybody in the world getting up at the same time and flushing their toilets. Sea level would rise, and we'd be swamped in a tsunami of salty sewage.

Besides, we really need the rest of the world. We can loan them money, so they're in debt to us, so they can buy our powdered baby formula, DDT, WMDs, and tobacco products.

Reply to
<wkaiser

Wait until the traffic gets here form the outlying planets. Not only will it create a great many more times zones but, it's going to be years late. Many of us won't even remember the subject details ... many will not have been born when the message was first posted.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Newhouse

Hmm ... posted at 11:20 p.m. Central Time (US) ... Geez, Greg, that's 2:20 p.m. Sydney time. You were well past your morning coffee. When does your sarcasm detector kick in? Maybe too much Foster's the night before?

-- Bill McC.

Reply to
Bill McCutcheon

I wish they'd synchronize their LANGUAGE with us :-).

Reply to
lgb

Bzzzzt! Wrong! We're in debt to them. Who do you think buys all those US bonds we're churning out to pay for the war and the tax cuts?

It has been said that if the Japanese cashed in all their U.S. assets, we'd be in a depression far worse than the one in the '30s.

Reply to
lgb

The world is so full of BS already it would hardly be noticeable. Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Favinger

LOL! At that rate, it's a Canadian Group. Only we know there's a world outside our borders {;^0

Brian

Reply to
Brian Smith

Bruce, would you be so kind as to not bring my intials into the discussion, please? {;^)

Brian

Reply to
Brian Smith

Err, we all have had "Greenwich Mean Time" for centuries - here in NZ we sinchronise at 12 hours out, enabling us to that on Germany the day before WWII started!

Regards, Greg.P. NZ

Reply to
Greg Procter

We're waiting for the US to synchronise their language with themselves - then we will be able to ignore the whole lot in one go.

Reply to
Greg Procter

Yeah your right Perhaps I should have seen the irony in that.

Reply to
Gregory Patrick Rudd