OT virus???

  1. I didn't "complain".

  1. I did point out a resource where more direct and more competent answers could be found

  2. Take a "chill pill"
  3. This is a Usenet internet group in an unmoderated (and frequently im moderate) group.

  1. Your "feelings" might get hurt. If your "feelings" are easily hurt, don't read here.

  1. Grow up. Advance to maturity.

  1. If incapable of advancing to maturity, yell loudly: "Wahhh, wahh, waah, Mommy the folks in the real world hurt my feelings. Make them stop."

  1. Repeat step 7 until the entire universe runs to your command.

-- Jim McLaughlin

**************************************************************************** **************************************************************************** I am getting really tired of spam, so the reply address is munged. Please don't just hit the reply key. Remove the obvious from the address to reply. **************************************************************************** **************************************************************************** Special treat for spambots: snipped-for-privacy@ftc.gov, snipped-for-privacy@ftc.gov, snipped-for-privacy@ftc.gov

Reply to
Jim McLaughlin

As I started this OT discussion I think I should reply that after a good

8+ hours of works the follow has happen; 1) I have some trial anti-virus software working on the machine. (I'm sure I will buy this when my 15 days is up) 2) I had to update from IE4 to IE6 so that the anti-virus software would even work. 3) I finally got all my saved email and folders back (I had no idea how to do this but finally got help from a MS chat group). 4) One minor problem, my email is hung. This has happened before and my ISP must fix the problem.

All and all it's been a love/hate day with the computer. And by the way the AV SW found 107 bad/infected files!

Reply to
Jon Miller

Donny boy --

As I said in my private E mail to you, which you have chosen to partially make public -

" 6. Grow up. Advance to maturity.

  1. If incapable of advancing to maturity, yell loudly: "Wahhh, wahh, waah, Mommy the folks in the real world hurt my feelings. Make them stop."
  2. Repeat step 7 until the entire universe runs to your command.
  3. Remember that you are a model railroader, and your entire psyche is wrapped up in making a fantasy world, where you hide from the entire universe, respond to your every whim.
  4. In the interim, while waiting for the entire universe to respond to your whims, GO FUCK YOURSELF. TWICE. HARD."

Donny, I don't give a rats ass about you, your delicate psyche, your ignorance about unmoderated Usenet news groups, your childish posturing and threats, nor your pseudo cryptic phrasing:

" Do have a nice day explaining your emails."

Explain E mail to whom? You complained to my ISP? Are you so stupid to think that an ISP gives a shit about language?

Waaah waah, waah.

Grow up Donny.

Reply to
Jim McLaughlin

I might be stupid in thinking that an ISP cares what people send in email. Donald Only time will tell:-)

Reply to
Donald Kinney

Yes, 'that's the way to do it'!

You may have to 'massage' the Address Book though, as some data ends up in the wrong fields!

David.

Reply to
David F.

GASP!! I'm off to Symantec for a new NAV update!

David.

Reply to
David F.

Not having met Jim in person, I couldn't say if it is a picture of him or not. But, I do think that someone on or was on this newsgroup is in the picture:-) Donald

Reply to
Donald Kinney

What leads you to think it's spyware and not just a plain computer virus?

Reply to
Mark Mathu

seriously disruptive!< I have explained elsewhere that all is fixed now. My system was loaded with a virus/s but they were not active. What this means is that I had fixed/patched IE4 (the explorer in use at the time). The patch however did not stop the viruses from downloading it only stopped them from activating. The internet activity I was seeing was the viruses trying to send but they couldn't do what they were designed to do. Some expert in the area could probably explain it but I sure can't.

Reply to
Jon Miller

Glad to know everything is 'fixed' now!

David.