Painting Fleet of Modernism cars

I'm attempting to paint a set of cars for the 1939 Broadway Limited (HO) but can't find any ready made decals. Does anyone have any tips for painting or decaling the gold circle band around the windows for PRR Fleet of Modernism cars? (Right now my best shot is to use small segments of straight decals and try to bend them around. But this looks too choppy.) Also - How wide (in HO scale inches) are the stripes / bands are on these cars? 1", 2" ?

Reply to
Ken Smith

Ken,

The Tilp and Blardone book on PRR passenger car paint schemes has all those answers, I believe. I don't know if it is still available from the PRRT&HS. The stipes around the windows are wider than the stipes down the side. I believe the latter were VERY narrow (1/4 inch?). Decals were produced by some obscure company a long time ago but have not been seen in years. Now the good news. Rumor has it that Walthers will do their 1939 Pullman Standard cars in FOM colors in the next go-around. That will be a first ever! The 4-4-2 and the newly announced 10-5 are correct for PRR and ran in the 1939 Bway. Another good car for that train is the Rivarossi 12-5 duplex. However they have never done a proper FOM scheme on that car.

Regards,

Andy Miller snipped-for-privacy@mitre.org

Ken Smith wrote:

Reply to