photoetching

hello, I read quite a lot and I think I did my home work about what to know to start etching my own part. My problem is I still was not able to fine a small enough supplier for dry-film photoresist or brass already laminated with photoresist. I know there is sealman (or something) in Germany but I would prefer a supplier here in the us. Where do you guys buy your supplies? Thank you. Regards, Michael

Reply to
2006me

sells a full photoetching kit. You might want to look into this.

If you want your own supplers, Radio Shack sells Ferric Chloride etchant. Other Electronic suppliers might also carry it or other types of etchants.

As far as photoresist goes, I used to get mine from Future/Active Electronics. They used to have a local store (but they closed it). But that is a Canadian company and they still sell mail order or over the Net.

I also got some good photoresist spray from Electrolube in England. Last time I've ordered, they has a distributor on the US.

Do some Google searches and I'm sure that you'll come up with lots of good info.

Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.

Try here:

2006me wrote:
Reply to
newyorkcentralfan

On 1 Aug 2006 18:03:16 -0700, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and "2006me" instead replied:

Try here for info:

Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

I tried the links. The last one did not work. The description on the protrain website is great. But like mentioned above the suppies are quite a lot and for a beginner maybe to much. Thanks guys.

Ray Haddad wrote:

Reply to
2006me

Five years ago I etched my own parts from brass and nickel silver using dry film resist. But sometimes I had severe problems; as an example I couldn't get the laminating whith dry film resist to work in the winter time, perhaps because the air was too dry.

So I had a choice: I could upgrade my equipment as Randy Gordon-Gilmore describes, or I could get my etchings done out-of-house. As the whole process of preparing the sheets, lamination, exposure, development and etching is rather time-consuming, I chose the latter approach which I have not regretted.

I use Photo Etch Consultants Ltd in England at

Erik Olsen