Q: Roof Walk Lumber Sizes?

Thanks. Direct answers are appreciated, not bafflegab about Google searches when I don't know what the "H" in "HRR" stands for so it can be searched upon. People who blindly point to Google as if it were a Rosetta Stone for everything are at best foolish.

Whoever commented about the web site is quite correct. Had to drill through three pages to find out its in Michigan. To me, Genesee County is upstate New York.

Reply to
Jim McLaughlin

I didn't know what it was, either. "HRR railroad" yielded a hit under historical societies that had Huckleberry Railroad, and thence to the Michigan site, and only from there to that somewhat blah county recs site.

Of course, it takes a little reading, a little search refinement, but life isn't like those movies where the hero types in "Search secret database" on a 40 character screen and immediately gets detailed info on the bad guys.

Reply to
Steve Caple

Lots of people make that mistake. The Genesee County area in Michigan, also known as the Genesee Valley, is a bit south of Saqinaw Bay (the pocket between the 'hand' and 'thumb' of Michigan). The area was originally settled by folks from New York, who apparently thought it looked something like home. One of the ancestors of the present "Mid-Michigan Railway Historical Society" was the "Genesee Valley Model Railroad Engineers" (now defunct, or better, evolved). Every time we went to a convention everybody thought we were from New York!

Dan Mitchell ============

Reply to
Daniel A. Mitchell

Sorry to have started the confusion, but the "HRR" issue first appeared was an outgrowth of another thread in which I'd previously been discussing the Huckleberry RR. I assumed (dumb) that most readers would thus be familiar with the abbreviation. I can see where it would be confusing if you started in the middle of the thread. Hopefully that's now cleared up.

Dan Mitchell ============

Reply to
Daniel A. Mitchell

It needs Flash and Shockwave.

Reply to
Mark Mathu

Mark Mathu spake thus:

Yeah, and multiple popups. And it should resize your browser window.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Don't forget all the popunder ads and redirects.

fl@liner

Reply to
fubar