RailKing Proto-Sound Charger?

Hi all,

I have an odd question, but maybe someone will know. Santa brought my son a RailKing Daylight Limited Set with Proto-Sound 2 about 2 years ago. We haven't used the set in about 6 months and I want to charge the battery. I bought an AC Charger for it, but didn't label it. I have a few AC chargers lying around and DO NOT want to use the wrong one.

Does anyone have a charger that they can look at? None of mine have the usual MTH model numbers on them, so that's why I'm not sure if I have the right one. I have one with a model number of DEV888004, Outpout is 8V DC,

1A. Not sure if this is the right one.

If anyone charges their Proto Sound unit and would be generous enought to tell me let me know the marking (model & Output) that's listed on their AC charger, I would be very greatful.

Thanks, = Steve

Reply to
sao

It's always a good idea to stick an ID label on chargers _when_ you get them, it saves this sort of problem. Now, if anyone can identify the seventeen odd chargers in the bottom drawer of my work bench ... ;-)

Reply to
Greg Procter

Your charger should look like this:

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

Thanks for the help folks. I found the right charger. It'll surely get a label so that this doesn't happen again .

Reply to
sao

! Hardly definitive. MOST wall warts look like that.

Reply to
Steve Caple

with two output cords?

Reply to
Charles Kimbrough

MTH Proto 2 engines have 2 different charger cord ends depending upon

if it is the older Proto 2 8.4 V or newer Proto 2 3.3 volt system.....

Buy the MTH Proto charger with 2 cords hanging off it...... about $16..

Reply to
Dennis Mayer

...Really...!

Rob