Re: Animation

There was also a book published a while back by a modeler I knew in my area entitled "Animated Scale Models Handbook" by Adolph F. Frank

It wasn't published by a "model railroad publisher" but if you do a serach you can still find copies available. Adolph was an astounding person. He made incredible animations in N scale that had to be seen to be believed! We'd love to see him show up at local NMRA events because you never know what tiny jewel he was going to bring each time he came. He passed away about 10 years ago, but at least some of his work can be seen in this book.

Jim

Reply to
Ctyclsscs

I disagree with that, if you're going to run the layout at "night" (not everyone does). Car headlights could be expected to be on, movie theatres having chase lights, neon lights, etc. An emergency vehicle should have its lights on if someone is pulled over in a scene.

I'll admit the airport thing might be a little much, but I admire it more for the effort put in, I think. The effect of the airport would be cool, but not really a propos to a model RR.

Jay CNS&M North Shore Line - "First and fastest"

Reply to
JCunington

One of the mags had a small article a few years ago on making a car look like a beater. Or maybe it was a section in an article about cars. Can't remember. The point is, in the old days paint jobs didn't last long. Most cars in northern climes over 5 years old had at least one rust-through, unless the car was meticulously washed.