Re: Burlington [CB&Q], BN, BNSF

Pacific in 1970.

Do you mean Northern Pacific or was there indeed also a Northwest Pacific?

Reply to
SleuthRaptorman

What a wonderful collection of web links - thank you!

------

I think I am going to move in that direction. We have one Proto 2000 F7A CB&Q engine. I have always liked the color scheme. My thinking is to assemble a six car, Walthers BUDD, passenger train comprised of the CB&Q inventory. I'll run it in from hidden staging, have someone make a ceremonial lap around the entire RR, create some priority issues for freight trains to take a siding, and then disappear back into the hidden staging.

Our engine collection consists of a variety of ATSF, BN, BNSF, and SANTA FE diesels. But, I must say that I am eyeing the forthcoming Atlas SD24 CB&Q diesel. I just enjoy that color scheme. I might have it simply 'appear' from an engine house as a vintage hold over from a bygone era, perform a branchline run, and then return to its [engine shed] where I can light it inside and allow viewing through the windows. That could be kind of neat.

I really and truly appreciate all of the wonderful input concerning the CB&Q and its absorption into the BNSF. It has been highly educational and quite intriguing to see how these RR's disappear and then, of course, re-appear in new colors under new management.

Thank You! Matt and Kathleen

Reply to
Matt Brennan