Rocker Rod Stewart 'outed' as a model RR fanatic

(shortcut URL:
Has pic of his HO layout and Model Railroader cover featuring his layout, as well as his latest "model" - wife Penny Lancaster.

Reply to
wcol_1230am

This is hardly news. When I was working at the Red Caboose in NYC back in 1991, Rod came in to the store with his wife Rachel Hunter.

I was far more interested in her.

Reply to
newyorkcentralfan

It's been known amongst other modellers for decades. He is quoted as saying he'd rather be on the cover of Railway Modeller (the British mag) than Rolling Stone. I guess Model Railroader is equivalent.

Cheers David

Reply to
David Bromage

Brits may remember he's talked about his models on Parkinson.

Cheers David

Reply to
David Bromage

And so it's back to Rachel Hunter then?

Rob.

Reply to
Robert Wilson

Sounds pretty shaky to me.

Reply to
Steve Caple

I looked at this - way cool. It also came up in this informal e-mail group i belong to since it's on the cover of the magazine. I also saw this somewhere else but i forgot where. I was more interested in the bigger list of model railroaders! I remember seeing Neil Young on Leno. Leno had a Lionel layout behind the poinsettias on the stage! Way cool... All Neil Young wanted to talk about was the trains so he had stage hands clear the plants to see them!..

Famous Model Railroaders:

Tim Allen (comedian) Gene Autry ("The Singing Cowboy") Roseanne Barr (actor) Tom Brokow (newscaster) Yul Brynner (actor "The King and I") Johnny Cash (country music singer) Winston Churchill (former British Prime Minister) Gary Coleman (actor "Diff'rent Strokes") Phil Collins (rock singer) Kevin Costner (actor) Richard Crenna (actor) Walter Cronkite (radio/TV personality) Roger Daltry (lead singer of the Who/actor) Joe DiMaggio (baseball player) Walt Disney (producer) James Doohan (actor "Star Trek") Donald Duck (in the cartoon short "Not To Scale" - fictional character) Erik Estrada ("CHiPs") Harrison Ford ("Star Wars" "Indiana Jones") Arthur Godfrey (radio/TV personality) Whoopi Goldberg (actor) Hermann Göring (head of German Luftwaffe) Merle Haggard (country singer) Tom Hanks (actor) - Appeared on "Family Ties" episodes David Hasselhoff (actor "Baywatch") - Starred with MG in Avalanche Elton John (rock singer) Michael Jordan (basketball player) Captain Kangaroo (kids' show host) Christopher Lee (actor "Dracula") Jay Leno (TV talk show host) Jack Lord (actor "Hawaii Five-O") Reverend Lovejoy ("The Simpsons" - fictional character) Roger Miller (country singer) Mandy Patinkin (actor "Chicago Hope", "The Princess Bride") John Patterson "Dad" ("For Better Or For Worse" - fictional character) John Pertwee (actor "Doctor Who") Sally Jesse Raphael (TV talk show host) Lionel Ritchie (singer) Roy Rogers Rick Schroder (actor "Silver Spoons", "NYPD Blue") Frank Sinatra (singer) Bruce Springsteen (rock singer) Jill St. John (actor "Diamonds Are Forever") Sylvester Stallone (actor "Rocky" "Rambo") Patrick Stewart (actor "Star Trek: The Next Generation") Rod Stewart (rock singer) Donald Sutherland (actor) Mel Torme (singer) Neil Young (singer, also a part-owner of Lionel)

Reply to
Big Rich Soprano

"Big Rich Soprano" wrote

Add Groucho Marx.

Reply to
P. Roehling

I looked at this - way cool. It also came up in this informal e-mail group i belong to since it's on the cover of the magazine. I also saw this somewhere else but i forgot where. I was more interested in the bigger list of model railroaders! I remember seeing Neil Young on Leno. Leno had a Lionel layout behind the poinsettias on the stage! Way cool... All Neil Young wanted to talk about was the trains so he had stage hands clear the plants to see them!..

Famous Model Railroaders:

Tim Allen (comedian) Gene Autry ("The Singing Cowboy") Roseanne Barr (actor) Tom Brokow (newscaster) Yul Brynner (actor "The King and I") Johnny Cash (country music singer) Winston Churchill (former British Prime Minister) Gary Coleman (actor "Diff'rent Strokes") Phil Collins (rock singer) Kevin Costner (actor) Richard Crenna (actor) Walter Cronkite (radio/TV personality) Roger Daltry (lead singer of the Who/actor) Joe DiMaggio (baseball player) Walt Disney (producer) James Doohan (actor "Star Trek") Donald Duck (in the cartoon short "Not To Scale" - fictional character) Erik Estrada ("CHiPs") Harrison Ford ("Star Wars" "Indiana Jones") Arthur Godfrey (radio/TV personality) Whoopi Goldberg (actor) Hermann Göring (head of German Luftwaffe) Merle Haggard (country singer) Tom Hanks (actor) - Appeared on "Family Ties" episodes David Hasselhoff (actor "Baywatch") - Starred with MG in Avalanche Elton John (rock singer) Michael Jordan (basketball player) Captain Kangaroo (kids' show host) Christopher Lee (actor "Dracula") Jay Leno (TV talk show host) Jack Lord (actor "Hawaii Five-O") Reverend Lovejoy ("The Simpsons" - fictional character) Roger Miller (country singer) Mandy Patinkin (actor "Chicago Hope", "The Princess Bride") John Patterson "Dad" ("For Better Or For Worse" - fictional character) John Pertwee (actor "Doctor Who") Sally Jesse Raphael (TV talk show host) Lionel Ritchie (singer) Roy Rogers Rick Schroder (actor "Silver Spoons", "NYPD Blue") Frank Sinatra (singer) Bruce Springsteen (rock singer) Jill St. John (actor "Diamonds Are Forever") Sylvester Stallone (actor "Rocky" "Rambo") Patrick Stewart (actor "Star Trek: The Next Generation") Rod Stewart (rock singer) Donald Sutherland (actor) Mel Torme (singer) Neil Young (singer, also a part-owner of Lionel) Groucho Marx (actor, game show host)

Reply to
Big Rich Soprano

"P. Roehling" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

Don't forget me, The Great Puckdropper. I'm not famous, but that's because I keep a low profile. lol :-)

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

You're just not famous...YET!

dlm

Reply to
Dan Merkel

Who was the famous general who was also a model railroader? Was it MacArthur? Somewhere I vaguely remember reading that he either built a layout or had a layout built while he was in Japan after the war. Maybe that's how the entire brass locomotive market got started??!?

dlm

Reply to
Dan Merkel

"Puckdropper" wrote

So you're Bobby Orr's butter-fingered son?

The one he doesn't talk about?

Pete

Reply to
P. Roehling

And don't forget Hermann Göring, rumoured to have constructed an extensive Marklin layout.

Cheers, Martyn

Reply to
M Roberts

"M Roberts" wrote

(snip)

(snip)

Would that by any chance be the same Hermann Goring listed above, right between Whoopi Goldberg and Merle Haggard?

Pete

Reply to
P. Roehling

Aha, yes it would. Well done you passed the test.

/hangs head sheepishly and wanders off . . . .

Cheers, Martyn

Reply to
M Roberts

What about the father in that 1970s TV sitcom like the Munsters where he used to run Lionel trains and blow up the bridges etc.

Reply to
Greg Procter

"Dan Merkel" wrote in news:LepVi.17614$JD.12935 @newssvr21.news.prodigy.net:

But I can post messages on USENET!!! I must be famous!

;-)

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

"Greg Procter" wrote

If so, the idea was stolen from the earlier "Addams Family" cartoons. See page 11 of Addam's "Monster Rally", published in 1950. The cartoon in question shows "Pugsley" -the son- releasing a wind-up-toy school bus in front of a speeding Lionel (?) passenger train.

Ah, for the carefree days of childhood!

Pete

Reply to
P. Roehling

Man, if you take the dead ones out, that list is pretty short..

That was Gomez Addams on the Addams Family, not the Munsters.

I wanted to do that wreck thing so bad..

BDK

Reply to
BDK