Rocker Rod Stewart 'outed' as a model RR fanatic

Rick Jones wrote:

Michael Gross
Last few sentences in the 2nd paragraph of his bio: <http://groups.msn.com/MichaelGrossFans/biography.msnw
Stevert

Bingo!
I think his railroad was best known for it's 144 car trains.
Gross won MR Model of the Month for a SF pass, station.
When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross. Sinclair Lewis
Stevert wrote:

His N scale layout has been featured in MR.
Cheers David

Funny that you should mention him - this list came from a site about him... http://members.aol.com/shadoemagic/mgross/mgtrains.htm
snipped-for-privacy@extra.sbcglobal.net says...

Michael Gross?
BDK

Yes:
"Michael is part owner in the Santa Fe Southern Railroad, the 120-year-old spur from Santa Fe to Lamy (named for a Catholic bishop who once lived there) through the scenic New Mexico countryside. It's the last eighteen miles in the short line leading into New Mexico on the Acheson, Topeka & Santa Fe line, which it was once a part of. It was going to be abandoned because of a lack of freight passengers. "So a group of us decided to save the thing and run it, too," he said. "It's fun, but a lot of work." Though he's not an active part of the day-to-day running of the railroad, he shows up occasionally to work on the line, between acting jobs.
Since 1992, SFSR operates year round on the 18-mile route through the Sangre de Cristo Mountains, a piece of living history - still carrying passengers through the high-desert route, and still carrying freight to serve the community. The SFSR only has two locomotives, one (#93, an ex-SAL GP7) for pulling Santa Fe Southern's trains and the other (#92, an ex-ATSF GP7) for switching the small yard in Santa Fe. Coaches on the Santa Fe Southern Railway are charming vintage cars which have been authentically restored or renovated with a southwestern look. Santa Fe Southern Railway's Silver Class cars are vintage ATSF Super Chief cars which afford riders a cozier, more intimate experience."
Rick Jones wrote:

Sex?

I doubt it. *I've* never once forgotton sex since I hit puberty about 50 years ago, and I'm a pretty typical male.
I'm hoping to stretch my unbroken string for another 20.
Pete
I looked at this - way cool. It also came up in this informal e-mail group i belong to since it's on the cover of the magazine. I also saw this somewhere else but i forgot where. I was more interested in the bigger list of model railroaders! I remember seeing Neil Young on Leno. Leno had a Lionel layout behind the poinsettias on the stage! Way cool... All Neil Young wanted to talk about was the trains so he had stage hands clear the plants to see them!..
Famous Model Railroaders:
Tim Allen (comedian) Gene Autry ("The Singing Cowboy") Roseanne Barr (actor) Tom Brokow (newscaster) Yul Brynner (actor "The King and I") Johnny Cash (country music singer) Winston Churchill (former British Prime Minister) Gary Coleman (actor "Diff'rent Strokes") Phil Collins (rock singer) Kevin Costner (actor) Richard Crenna (actor) Walter Cronkite (radio/TV personality) Roger Daltry (lead singer of the Who/actor) Joe DiMaggio (baseball player) Walt Disney (producer) James Doohan (actor "Star Trek") Donald Duck (in the cartoon short "Not To Scale" - fictional character) Erik Estrada ("CHiPs") Harrison Ford ("Star Wars" "Indiana Jones") Arthur Godfrey (radio/TV personality) Whoopi Goldberg (actor) Hermann Gring (head of German Luftwaffe) Merle Haggard (country singer) Tom Hanks (actor) - Appeared on "Family Ties" episodes David Hasselhoff (actor "Baywatch") - Starred with MG in Avalanche Elton John (rock singer) Michael Jordan (basketball player) Captain Kangaroo (kids' show host) Christopher Lee (actor "Dracula") Jay Leno (TV talk show host) Jack Lord (actor "Hawaii Five-O") Reverend Lovejoy ("The Simpsons" - fictional character) Roger Miller (country singer) Mandy Patinkin (actor "Chicago Hope", "The Princess Bride") John Patterson "Dad" ("For Better Or For Worse" - fictional character) John Pertwee (actor "Doctor Who") Sally Jesse Raphael (TV talk show host) Lionel Ritchie (singer) Roy Rogers Rick Schroder (actor "Silver Spoons", "NYPD Blue") Frank Sinatra (singer) Bruce Springsteen (rock singer) Jill St. John (actor "Diamonds Are Forever") Sylvester Stallone (actor "Rocky" "Rambo") Patrick Stewart (actor "Star Trek: The Next Generation") Rod Stewart (rock singer) Donald Sutherland (actor) Mel Torme (singer) Neil Young (singer, also a part-owner of Lionel) Groucho Marx (actor, game show host)
A notable omission from this list is Buster Keaton.
"From Standard gauge on the silent screen to S gauge in his backyard, electric trains fascinated movie comedian Buster Keaton." - Classic Toy Trains, May 2003.
Cheers David
Famous Model Railroaders:
Tim Allen (comedian) Gene Autry ("The Singing Cowboy") Roseanne Barr (actor) Tom Brokow (newscaster) Yul Brynner (actor "The King and I") Johnny Cash (country music singer) Winston Churchill (former British Prime Minister) Gary Coleman (actor "Diff'rent Strokes") Phil Collins (rock singer) Kevin Costner (actor) Richard Crenna (actor) Walter Cronkite (radio/TV personality) Roger Daltry (lead singer of the Who/actor) Joe DiMaggio (baseball player) Walt Disney (producer) James Doohan (actor "Star Trek") Donald Duck (in the cartoon short "Not To Scale" - fictional character) Erik Estrada ("CHiPs") Harrison Ford ("Star Wars" "Indiana Jones") Arthur Godfrey (radio/TV personality) Whoopi Goldberg (actor) Hermann Gring (head of German Luftwaffe) Merle Haggard (country singer) Tom Hanks (actor) - Appeared on "Family Ties" episodes David Hasselhoff (actor "Baywatch") - Starred with MG in Avalanche Elton John (rock singer) Michael Jordan (basketball player) Captain Kangaroo (kids' show host) Christopher Lee (actor "Dracula") Jay Leno (TV talk show host) Jack Lord (actor "Hawaii Five-O") Reverend Lovejoy ("The Simpsons" - fictional character) Roger Miller (country singer) Mandy Patinkin (actor "Chicago Hope", "The Princess Bride") John Patterson "Dad" ("For Better Or For Worse" - fictional character) John Pertwee (actor "Doctor Who") Sally Jesse Raphael (TV talk show host) Lionel Ritchie (singer) Roy Rogers Rick Schroder (actor "Silver Spoons", "NYPD Blue") Frank Sinatra (singer) Bruce Springsteen (rock singer) Jill St. John (actor "Diamonds Are Forever") Sylvester Stallone (actor "Rocky" "Rambo") Patrick Stewart (actor "Star Trek: The Next Generation") Rod Stewart (rock singer) Donald Sutherland (actor) Mel Torme (singer) Neil Young (singer, also a part-owner of Lionel) Groucho Marx (actor, game show host) Buster Keaton (comedian)