Re: Greg and DCC

I have. Bob May has been doing this for years (and so have you, frankly). I have little hope of either one of you getting any smarter and realizing that as a *MODEL RAILROADING* newsgroup, politics does not belong here. Maybe someday, that will happen. Until then, try to resist your natural inclinations to respond to trolls. And maybe, just maybe, we'll get some good model railroading discussion here again.

Paul A. Cutler III

************* Weather Or No Go New Haven *************
Reply to
Pac Man

Um, yes it can be. If I put "Penn Central Sucks!" for my sig, darn tootin' I'd be trolling...just waiting for some sucker to respond and then I'd lambast them if they dare contradict my statement. A troll is a troll, no matter if it's in a sig or in the message body. Heck, my handle could be a troll. One guy on the MR forum used "Bezelbub", and got a lot of reaction from the religious types on that forum (some of whom have scripture in their sigs, for pete's sake).

Paul A. Cutler III

************* Weather Or No Go New Haven *************
Reply to
Pac Man

Neither side being able to spell Beelzebub, eh? Or perhaps he was just named after the rings around the meters on his control panel?

Reply to
Steve Caple

Heh. Ok, you got me there. :-)

Paul A. Cutler III

************* Weather Or No Go New Haven *************
Reply to
Pac Man

If you use it as bait then it is a troll. Some are interesting, some are baffling, some are outlandish most are just personal statements. Long sigs (greated than 3 lines) are just rude. Especially if the sig is longer than the response!!

There seem to be a number of posters that are excessivly wrapped up in their personal delusions.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Newhouse

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 14:35:30 GMT, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and "Pac Man" instead replied:

No. It's not.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

Err, what is the correct degree to which any individual should be wrapped up in their personal delusions??? ;-)

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg.P.

On Fri, 01 Sep 2006 15:21:04 GMT, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and "Pac Man" instead replied:

Why bother? Will you EVER change your opinion on the matter?

A sig file is not trolling. If you can't tell the reason why . . . well, let's not go any further here. My work is done.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

I've gone back and looked at Proctor and Newton's contributions and if THAT is "on topic", well . . .

Reply to
Steve Caple

My point is this... In the long debate here between Mark and Greg (and many others), if you've read them all, not only have you learned that they don't get along, but you've also learned about German operating practices vs. UK/North American practices, not to mention other parts of the world. So even at it's worst, this thread has proved educational in at least some aspect of model railroading, and is thus "On Topic" for rec.models.railroad. Now compare that to the political pissing matches that some people get into here. What do we learn about model railroading from them? Nothing. We just learn what kind of idiotic lefties or idiotic righties we have here. Big deal. I can go anywhere and get that. But this is rec.models.railroad...where do you see the word "politics" in the group name?

Paul A. Cutler III

************* Weather Or No Go New Haven *************
Reply to
Pac Man

Well, I never will if you never explain your opinion, now will I? I can see TV debate run by you now... The lights go up, and the cameras run. There are three podiums with you in the center as moderator. The pro-XYZ is one side, the anti-XYZ is on your other. The debate begins after a coin is flipped, and the pro-XYZ debater says, "XYZ is the greatest thing ever!". You then ask the anti-XYZ debater for his response. He says, "No, it's not." You reply, "Well, that's all we have time for today. Tune in tomorrow for our next debate, 'What does XYZ stand for?' Good night, everyone."

Your "work is done"? Heck, you never even started it. All I'm seeing is this large blank canvas to which you've signed your name to. Whoop-de-do. If you are not going to explain your position, then why even waste our time clicking on the reply button just to say you're not going to reply? No one's holding a gun to your head.

Why not just post, "Me too!" while you're at it. Sheesh. It sounds like I need to break out the clue-by-four for this one...

Paul A. Cutler III

************* Weather Or No Go New Haven *************
Reply to
Pac Man

Reply to
Greg.P.

I do try to include something informative or on topic in the majority of my postings =8^)

Reply to
Greg.P.

"What has your posting got to do with DCC?"

Dumbass Cretins Confabbing?

Reply to
newyorkcentralfan