Re: Greg and DCC

Greg.P. wrote:
"What has your posting got to do with DCC?"
Dumbass Cretins Confabbing?

Duh. Look at my post, and you will clearly see that Bob May has the sig and that I properly attributed it to him. You, OTOH, replied to his blatant political trolling on a non-political newsgroup. You fell for it like a total sucker. How does that make you feel?
On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 14:18:25 GMT, Pac Man wrote:

Not too bad, actually. I just got tired of his trolling. Or "His" trolling? Anyway, perhaps you should have long since said "Take your political crap somewhere else" to Mr. May.
--
Steve

On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 09:46:18 -0700, I said, "Pick a card, any card"

A sig line is not trolling. Period.
--
Ray
"His men would follow him anywhere, if only out of morbid curiosity."

Um, yes it can be. If I put "Penn Central Sucks!" for my sig, darn tootin' I'd be trolling...just waiting for some sucker to respond and then I'd lambast them if they dare contradict my statement. A troll is a troll, no matter if it's in a sig or in the message body. Heck, my handle could be a troll. One guy on the MR forum used "Bezelbub", and got a lot of reaction from the religious types on that forum (some of whom have scripture in their sigs, for pete's sake).
On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 14:35:30 GMT, Pac Man wrote:

Neither side being able to spell Beelzebub, eh? Or perhaps he was just named after the rings around the meters on his control panel?
--
Steve

Heh. Ok, you got me there. :-)

If you use it as bait then it is a troll. Some are interesting, some are baffling, some are outlandish most are just personal statements. Long sigs (greated than 3 lines) are just rude. Especially if the sig is longer than the response!!

There seem to be a number of posters that are excessivly wrapped up in their personal delusions.
Paul
--
The lotto must be rigged, I should have won by now.
Modular furniture is cruel and (unfortuantely not) unusual.

Err, what is the correct degree to which any individual should be wrapped up in their personal delusions??? ;-)
Regards, Greg.P.
On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 14:35:30 GMT, I said, "Pick a card, any card"

No. It's not. -- Ray
On Fri, 01 Sep 2006 15:21:04 GMT, I said, "Pick a card, any card"

Why bother? Will you EVER change your opinion on the matter?
A sig file is not trolling. If you can't tell the reason why . . . well, let's not go any further here. My work is done. -- Ray

Well, I never will if you never explain your opinion, now will I? I can see TV debate run by you now... The lights go up, and the cameras run. There are three podiums with you in the center as moderator. The pro-XYZ is one side, the anti-XYZ is on your other. The debate begins after a coin is flipped, and the pro-XYZ debater says, "XYZ is the greatest thing ever!". You then ask the anti-XYZ debater for his response. He says, "No, it's not." You reply, "Well, that's all we have time for today. Tune in tomorrow for our next debate, 'What does XYZ stand for?' Good night, everyone."

Your "work is done"? Heck, you never even started it. All I'm seeing is this large blank canvas to which you've signed your name to. Whoop-de-do. If you are not going to explain your position, then why even waste our time clicking on the reply button just to say you're not going to reply? No one's holding a gun to your head.
Why not just post, "Me too!" while you're at it. Sheesh. It sounds like I need to break out the clue-by-four for this one...

I have. Bob May has been doing this for years (and so have you, frankly). I have little hope of either one of you getting any smarter and realizing that as a *MODEL RAILROADING* newsgroup, politics does not belong here. Maybe someday, that will happen. Until then, try to resist your natural inclinations to respond to trolls. And maybe, just maybe, we'll get some good model railroading discussion here again.
Bob May wrote:

Caveman motors? How much current does such an animal want?
--
Venlig hilsen
Erik Olsen