Re: Lionel fasttrack unit ??

Whatever they call the accessory Fast track segment which will

let my grand

kids work the dump car etc. I misnamed it in a previous post.

Sorry about

that > > TNX TIA >

Tim,

PN: 6-12020, the 5" straight uncoupling section is due for release in Oct 2004 according to the Lionel 'Shipping Date' web page. If past experience is any guide, retailers will probably have them available in early November. This track also operates the new style dump cars with a center plunger release mechanism.

In the mean time you can use a FasTrack-to-Tubular adapter track or two to install a 'O' UCS Remote Control Track section. This will operate the new cars, as well as the post-war operating cars, e.g., milk car that tosses "milk cans" out, with a pick-up 'shoe' on the truck to get power for the operating mechanism inside.

The 'Shipping Date' list goes into 2005 and doesn't show a FasTrack equivelant to the UCS track at all. I haven't seen anything on it at all. So I have no idea when, or even if, such a piece will ever be released.

-- Len Head Rust Scraper KL&B Eastern Lines RR Museum

Reply to
Len