Re: Strip Shingles

Does anyone know of an online source for strip shingles used for

> Scratch building? My hobby shop has them back ordered and I can > always use more. I'm looking for HO scale strip shingles (peel & > stick, lick & stick, glue & stick, whatever). > > I need fishscale ones as well as 3-tab (square) to simulate slate > rooves. > > Thanks, > Dave Rutan > > PS, I'm in Northwest New Jersey in the U.S. of A.

I make my own. I start with black construction paper. Paint it an appropriate color (Grey primer, Red primer, Flat Green, Any of the above in one hand and flat white in the other, etc.)

For 3-tab, I cut strips and notch them with a knife, using a plastic square notch flooring adhesive trowel as a guide.

I also use pinking shears and various similar craft scissors (or even a cow-shaped paper punch) to make other shapes of shingles.

Glue them down with Elmers.

Reply to
Jason Davies

Jason --

Wow... GREAT tip!

-Gerry Leone

Gerry Leone

Precision Lasercraft, Bruce does the shingles for several of my kits. James F. Hodgdon Jr. Hodgdon Scale Models

Hdgdn

I will certainly try that. I always prefer making it myself when possible.

Thanks, Dave Rutan

Reply to
Dave Rutan