Re: What are your modeling plans this weekend?

I have one of those Chrysler multifuel engines. But I have never tried it with anything but cheap gas/ethanol. We have a new ethanol plant near by, so I may wind up getting more corn in the tank. It does occasionally "burp" and smell like SO2

Jim Stewart

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Jim,

I heard on the WGN Radio noon farm show one day that those Chrysler engines can be found in certain mini-vans bearing a certain letter for the engine designation (I'm not sure what that letter is, but a decent manual could tell you). They're supposedly set up to run gasoline and E-85 (85% ethanol, 15% gas) among other fuels.

Jay

website URL: members.aol.com/orphantrainlocos/index.html All the world's a stage - and everybody's a critic.

Reply to
JCunington

Yea, that is the one. It runs on a great number of fuels. Probably even meth, which can be made (and was) from chicken droppings during the last war. Gee, perhaps those Canadas could....Here goosie goosie...come to papa.....

I live out here in corn farm country (DeKalb, Il) so our car dealers get first crack at those engines for farm bureau PR.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Wouldn't work. Those geese are two-legged cattle. The grass looks almost the same coming out as going in. Parks and ponds around Milwaukee are full of the damned things. Migratory waterfowl, my ass. They're here all year. Migratory Bird Act be damned! Kill the park polluters!

Jay

website URL: members.aol.com/orphantrainlocos/index.html All the world's a stage - and everybody's a critic.

Reply to
JCunington

When they see me coming The birdies all try and hide But they still go for peanuts When coated with cyan--ide.

All the world seems in tune On a Spring afternoon When we're poisoning [Pigeons] in the park . . .

- Tom Lehrer

Reply to
Steve Caple

Salvé Jim Stewart skrev i diskussionsgruppsmeddelandet:co6hk6$m0t$ snipped-for-privacy@usenet.cso.niu.edu...

During ww2, the shortage of fuel here in Sweden was such that cars and lorries (trucks) were equipped with wood burning gear which provided a gas that the engine ran on, all you need was lots of fire wood....they cal them gengas motors, one day I may work out what gengas actually is....... Oddly enough some people are going back to these engines, they're buying older volvos and fitting them with gengas generators, no tax on wood.. though there was talk back about 85in putting a tax on pine cones...... I thought the programme I heard it on was a comedy show until I realised it ws the news.... Beowulf

Reply to
Beowulf

Gen Gas. Methane produced by processing.....

Jim Stewart

Reply to
Jim Stewart

No, Jay, that is why it would work. Cattle, Sheep, Horses and Chickens have been used to generate gas. But people would PAY YOU to take away their Goose droppings. Why a contract with Chicago or Milwaukee. Fortune....

The goose that lays the golden egg.... Or, err.....

Jim Stewart

Reply to
Jim Stewart

No. These are "the geese that lay green turds." They look rather like chunks from a non-mulching lawn mower. It's about the same thing I suppose.