Steamboating this weekend

--Of interest to folks in Northern California: the umpteenth California Delta Steamboat Meet will be this weekend. From the Bay Area take

80 North to 12 East to Rio Vista, CA. Cross the bridge and then drive to *just befor* the next bridge and turn left.
Reply to
steamer

n California: the umpteenth

=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD : =EF=BF=BD"Hold on! we're passing =EF=BF=BD =EF= =BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD

=BD: =EF=BF=BDthrough the moronosphere!"

=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BDwww.nmpproducts.com

=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD =EF=BF=BD---Decks a-wash in a sea of words---

Reply to
engineman1

--It's alway held on the last full weekend that falls within the month of September. I'm there now; 6 boats here already, plus one 'Likeamobile', hehe.

Reply to
steamer

Darn, Wish I had a bit more notice... ;-)

Then again, first I have to figure out how to sneak the Mark Twain out the gate, perhaps David Copperfield can help with that one. Then come up with the bucks to truck it from Anaheim to Long Beach, then retract the guide wheels and rig up a working rudder, then rig up several big deck tanks to carry enough boiler water and #2 fuel oil, and sail up the coast to Rio Vista. 8-0

Gee, do they make Bearing Buddies for Goldschlager Trailers?

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 23:00:44 -0700, the infamous Bruce L. Bergman scrawled the following:

Copperfield should be able to fill the tanks and transport the Twain close enough to Rio Vista to steam in on her own. Just ask him!

P.S: Tell David that I'd be happy to babysit Claudia for a week while you guys do that dangerous boy stuff.

-- The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw

Reply to
Larry Jaques

You mean Dave Kotkin? He used to be my neighbor. 'Geeky kid, he was. Claudia says our town looks just like where she was born, a suburb of Dusseldorf. I've been to Dusseldorf, and she's nuts. d8-)

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress