remotoring n scale C Liner

Can anyone tell me where I may find replacement motors (2) for my Atlas C-Liners. I can use them as dummies at present, but I am one who doesn't like "dummy" engines. I believe they should all pull their own load!!! any advice appreciated Regards Menad

Reply to
menad

They are probably manufactured by Roco (Austria) or Kato (Japan) NWSL (US) probably has Sagami can motors for them. Any suitable sized can motor can probably be substituted, so long as you've retained the universals and cardan shafts. If not then NWSL has suitable replacements. If you don't know what you're doing then get someone experienced to fit them for you.

Regards, Greg.P. NZ

Reply to
Greg Procter

The Atlas C-Liners were made by Rivarossi (Italy) in the late 1960s. They had a motor that had a very short life. The drive was poor and only one truck was powered. They had vertically mounted motors. Converting them to unpowered locomotives is hardly worth the effort since much of the gearing must be left in place and they don't roll very freely when converted. You might find the old locomotives on eBay and use them for parts for your existing locomotives.

Bill Bill's Railroad Empire

Bill

You might want to consider replacing the old Atlas CFA16-5s with the excellent Life-Like 16-4:

History of N Scale:
's Store--Books, Trains, and Toys:
to 1,200 sites:

Bill

Under those circumstances my previous advice wasn't much use. Use a Spud unit or NWSL powered bogie of the same wheelbase to totally replace the Rivarossi mechanisim.

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

Hi guys Thanks for the info. I may however erred somewhat. Bill your redirection took me to BLWs BO-BO. The Item I have is a Bo-Co (Atlas/ Rivarossi Fairbanks-Morse C-Liner - I believe) Has anyone tried to remotor with the NWSL 10 motors? Laurence (Menad) Menadue Models snipped-for-privacy@tpgi.com.au

menad

There is a fellow that sells replacement motors on eBay. You need to tell him which of the Atlas engines it will be used for and he will trim the shaft for you. I have had no dealings with him, so caveat emptor!

fl@liner

Reply to
fubar