Resetting Lionel ZW

Does anyone know how to reset a Lionel ZW transformer back to manufacturer settings. This transformer is not working at all.
Thanks

Does anyone know how to reset a Lionel ZW transformer back to manufacturer settings. This transformer is not working at all. Thanks

steelerboy via ModelGeeks.com wrote:

Your question indicates some confusion about what a transformer does. A transformer is two wire coils on an iron core. The different number of windings on the input and output sides determine how much the transformer changes the voltage. You cannot "reset" a transformer to its factory settings.
Since the ZW is no longer working, there is most likely a broken wire somewhere inside it. I do _not_ advise opening the box and trying to fix this. If the broken wire is visible when the box is opened, it can be fixed, but I urge you not to try that yourself. Get a technician to do it. If the broken wire is invisible, it's somewhere inside one of the windings, and that means the transformer must be replaced.
HTH