Roundhouse interiors

try searching for "Railway Roundhouse photos"

Reply to
Biggus

I have good shots of the interiors of the North Conway and Bartlett NH roundhouses, showing the framing, and can send those if you want them.

James F. Hodgdon Jr. Hodgdon Scale Models

Hdgdn

Another source for interior and exterior photos of vaious roundhouses can be found at the American Memory Collection of the Library of Congress. - 286 individual hits with some hits having multiple photos attached. American Memory offers downloads in multiple resolutions from so-so to showing very crisp details.

And the Western History Collection of the Denver Public Library. - 115 hits
To search use
In both cases I used the word (Roundhouse).

Art

Reply to
Art Marsh

Reply to
Frank A. Rosenbaum

In case you weren't aware, Google has a dedicated search engine that looks just for photos and images at

Entering "roundhouse" in that search engine's entry box gives more useful results. Not perfect, but better than using the general purpose search function.

Reply to
Rick Jones

I have a nice one an hour from me. If you'll pay for the gas I can go take some shots of whatever you specify. I am a semi-pro photographer.

Kent in SD

Reply to
Two23

No, I didn't know that. Thanks for the hint.

Rick J>> Can anyone point me to a source of roundhouse pictures? I searched

Reply to
Frank A. Rosenbaum

Here's one:

John Purbrick

Thanks, John! That is an awesome picture!

Did you recess the > >>

Reply to
Frank A. Rosenbaum

Actually, I didn't build it, another club member did.

Unfortunately the building is over 20 years old and I can't remember exactly how he did the pits. There would certainly have to be some material removal in the subbase (we always use 3/4" plywood, with 1/4" soft pine over it, to take spikes) but I don't know if he made the pit walls by "casting" plaster or by inserting styrene boxes.

Reply to
jpurbric