Rubber Gauge Blues

The other day Matt posted that he had some locomotives for sale that he no longer had use for. This got me to thinking that I should clear out some of my trains too. So I dug out the narrow gauge stuff to see what it might all add up to. If I let it all go there should be enough revenue to more or less finish the layout, get a DCC system, sound decoders, several locomotives I've been wanting and a new BMW. Well maybe not a new BMW. But at least a new set of tires for my truck with something extra left over. But I can't do it except to maybe have my wife ebay off some brass rolling stock. I love those little narrow gauge trains too much. What happened is that I got NG fever and tacked down some track right on the bare plywood and started running the stuff. Then I started imagining what could be done with the HOn3 trains. How I could model an impressively long and deep canyon where the backdrop hides a curve. How several somewhat tight curves would become generous. How my sidings can hold more cars. How more of the yard can be double ended. How the turntable can handle even the larger K27s, 28s, and 36s. How there can be extra staging tracks. How much fun it would be to paint the backdrop and do the sceanery. How I already have the trains to run as soon as the track is laid. Last night visions of the Black Canyon and Gunnison danced through my head. I saw a struggling ore train creaking over a trestle spanning a treacherous abyss. Little C-16s chuffed and chanted "run us, run us" over and over again. Aspen trees whispered in my ears. A wayward Goose flittered by. I've been researching, planning, building things for the Texas Midland for almost five years and now its in danger of be re gauged, re named and re located to the high country. Darn it Matt, you started me to thinking and look what happened. :) I have a real conflict going now where everything was clear cut and peachy a few days ago as all I had to worry about was hiding some light fixtures from view. Any of you all ever have this kind of thing happen to your well laid plans? Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Favinger

Some HO K36s and K37s almost "turned" me many years ago. Then just as I was at my darkest hour, along came Kato and 'saved' N scale (well, in my opinion, anyway).

Ron

Reply to
RonMcF