Seeking wiring & DCC info

I have minimal knowledge and skills in electronics. Can you suggest a book or other source to help me in wiring a layout? I will be using DCC... just don't know which system yet.

Thanks, Duncan

Reply to
Duncan Idaho

The Big Book of DCC is very useful.

Reply to
Jeff Hensley

Duncan=A0Idaho wrote: I have minimal knowledge and skills in electronics. Can you suggest a book or other source to help me in wiring a layout? I will be using DCC... just don't know which system yet.

------------------------------------------------- Here are two books that should be helpful:

"Easy Model Railroad Wiring" by Andy Sperandeo. This book includes basics of DCC.

"DCC Made Easy" by Lionel Strang.

These are 32% off list and include free shipping on orders over $25.00.

A more expensive book:

"The Digitrax Big Book of DCC"

Good luck with your railroad!

History of N Scale:
Railroad Bookstore:
to 1,100 sites:

Bill

Try Keith

Make friends in the hobby. Visit Garratt photos for the big steam lovers.

Reply to
Keith Norgrove

A good on-line primer is:

Bill McC.

Reply to
Bill McCutcheon

"Bill McCutcheon" wrote in news:Vwmhe.902$w21.458 @newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net:

Thanks for the tips. One of the suggestions someone gave is a book I had seen in the hobby shop alread. But every store in town has just that one book. The online sources look promising too.

Thanks again, Duncan

Reply to
Duncan Idaho