silver SP cars

I have noticed some N scale cars with SP markings painted a silver color. Is this true and prototypical or no? I just don't ever remember seeing any SP cars including cabooses in that color. Needless to say I have not seen all SP cars prior to its demise.

Michael

Reply to
G. Michael Paine

Not sure about the cabooses, but there were boxcars in a silver scheme. Not many, but they did exist.

Reply to
Steve Hoskins

On Fri, 2 Apr 2004 20:16:44 UTC, "G. Michael Paine" wrote: 2000

Espee had some silver Overnight cars. I don't know how many. They also had about eight steel cupola cabooses painted silver for trailer train service.

Reply to
Ernie Fisch

What kind of cars Michael?

There were silver passenger cars with scarlet letterboards on the Sunset Route out of New Orleans.

Reply to
Froggy

Silver 40' boxcars for "Overnight" services...and as another contributor added, eight cupola cabooses to match.

Reply to
Steve Hoskins

Not painted to match the boxcars, which were in "Overnight" service; the cabooses were painted advertising SP's trailer service!

Reply to
Brian Paul Ehni

I have a caboos number 1066. Silver. I cannot find it in any list of same. But then lists of SP cabooses seem few and far between.

Michael

Reply to
G. Michael Paine

That would be a valid number for one of the old cupola cabeese.

Reply to
Steve Hoskins

I'll take your word for that, and thanks.

Michael

Reply to
G. Michael Paine

The cupola cabeese were in the 1000's...and from about 1300 up were the bay windows. However, I do NOT remember anything in the 1100's.

Reply to
Steve Hoskins

On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 02:40:44 UTC, "G. Michael Paine" wrote: 2000

The silver caboose numbers I can verify are:

1201, 1181, 1096, 1097, and 1031. These cabooses were lettered to match the PMT trailers of that time.
Reply to
Ernie Fisch