Sound and MRC2000 DCC

I am using MRC Command 2000. My question relates to my wanting to purchase a Broadway Ltd. engine with sound. I don't see how I can choose and cause sounds to be made as there are no buttons dedicated to sound, to push. Has anyone got an opinion about this? ( I know, I should get a better DCC system, but can't decide between Lenz or Digitrax yet) Thanks Eddie

Reply to
Edward Kahn

Latest BLI engines use F0 thru F12. You probably could turn the lights on and off with F0 but I don't know how many other function buttons your MRC system has.

Reply to
Jon Miller

Basically you have two functions. Look on the Command 2000 and find the "Light" and "Accessory" buttons. I don't remember which functions these correspond to (Light F0, and Accessory F2?), but basically you would have to reprogram the sound you wanted to happen onto these two functions. For example you change the whistle to F0 and the bell to F2. Then pressing the "Accessory" button would activate bell, and the "light" button would activate the whistle. You would also have to press the button again to turn them off. Of course then you would loose the headlamp control but you can probably put it on automatic.

Finally, this assumes that the BL decoder allows re-programming of function numbers. Just how you would re-program the decoder with out a more advanced DCC system is also a problem. Probably have to take it to someone else's DCC system, or a computer controlled programming track. In all very cumbersome.

I've now purchased a more advanced DCC system which is why I don't remember the MRC function assignments so well.

Reply to
SleuthRaptorman