Sound or no sound

I'm confused by the Broadway Limited Blue Line Heawvy Mikados that advertise "DC Sound" and "DCC Ready". Obviously there is sound when I'm running DC
but if I add a non-sound DCC decoder will I still have sound or will I need to add a sound decoder?
Carter
Yes you still have sound. You will now have two decoders in the Loco, one for the sound and one for the motor operation. You will have to be carefull when programming CV's because of this.
Stuart Sabatini Palm Coast, FL

Is the DC sound from a controller at the trackside or is it onboard the loco? If onboard, it will not work well with the DCC system as the DCC system is a 15VAC system where the AC is also the signal to the locos as to who is doing what. This will make the DC sound syteem go bonkers. If you have only one or a few locos, forget the DCC stuff as this is more for large layouts where a large number of locos are used.
-- Bob May

advertise
need
He did say non sound DCC decoder, so I assume he wants to run under DCC and the decoder is onboard the Loco. What will drive him bonkers is setting the CV's because of the two different decoders.
DCC is not just for large layouts and large number of Locos. As soon as you have two Locos DCC is very useful. No electrical blocks needed.
Stuart Sabatini Palm Coast, FL