The P2K 2-8-4/DCC saga gets worse

OK, make that 3 Berks we have tried now that run like ruptured ducks on DCC. On the last one, the orange and red wires were shorted below the socket in the tender. That's why it ran fine on DC, but dead shorted on DCC. So we fixed that, and put a decoder in it. Instant and severe bind which even a back-EMF decoder failed to cure until it hit speed step 30. It's gone back to the dealer. Now 3 out of 3.

And I notice Peach Creek Shops comment on this and the wheels. And he's C&O central!! See the comments at:

Sorry Proto, better luck next loco.

Steve Newcastle NSW Oz

Reply to
Steve Magee

Of course, MR, RMC and probably the other comics will only sing the locos praises in their respective "reviews".

-- Happy Holidays Roger T.

of the Great Eastern Railway

Reply to
Roger T.