Re: Bachmann heavy 4-8-2 & Light 4-8-2 - Anyone want to swap tenders?

> I just took a spill in a chukka just yesterday. Got T-boned by an opponent > right in front of their goal and no fowl was called. Grrrr, mumble, mumble. > Bruce > > > > Grrrr, mumble, mumble, darn spill chukkas............ > > > > -- > > Cheers > > Roger T.

We have an open season on chukkas around here!! Matter of fact, chukkas are a pest here!! Can't hardly go up into the local hills, without having to stop and shoo them out of the way!! :>)) Mike

Reply to
Michael Usoff

Your right Roger. A chukka is a 7 minute period of play in polo with usually with six chukkas to a match. Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Favinger

Roger, I'd love to swap one of mine for a long one. I'll be glad to remove the lettering, though both of mine have decal lettering on them. Are the wires and plugs compatable? That is - does the heavy Mountain have its wires and plugs like the Consolidation or the light Mountain? You can e-mail me directly with the "Nospam" removed. Gene ABV61-1043.001.HCB

"Skinny Dipping and Other Stories" On the web at
or
and look for "Into Joy From Sadness" soon.

Reply to
STEAM GENE

"STEAM GENE"

Before swapping, I decided to check the compatibility of the tenders.

What I've found is that the heavy 4-8-2 tender is NOT electrically compatible with the light 4-8-2 and the light tender is NOT electrically compatible with the heavy mountain.

Put the "heavy" tender behind the light 4-8-2 and the loco doesn't move.

Put the "light" tender behind the heavy 4-8-2 and the loco only goes forward.

What the heck were Bachmann thinking of when they did this?

It's stupid. All Bachmann tenders should be compatible.

Other than swapping out the circuit boards, which I hope have compatible mountings, are there any other suggestions?

Cheers Roger T.

Roger T.

Now, that's a surprise!! I didn't know polo players had periods!! ;>)) Mike

Reply to
Michael Usoff

"Michael Usoff"

Groan.

-- Cheers Roger T.

Roger T.

While messing around with a Bachmann heavy last night, trying to stop a close coupler "short" (From a Bachmann 2-8-0) tender derailing when backing through switches I made the following discover..

The loco's cab grab irons stick way out from the back of the cab. Gently squeezing them with a pair of pliers at the "U" bend at the bottom of the grabs, narrows them up quite a bit.

I also noticed that those sloping pieces either side of the "coal hole" on the front of the tender were coming into contact with the inside of the cab roof.. As I freelance and don't have to worry what my prototype tenders actually looked like, I cut the top corners of these two pieces at a 45 degree angle.

Since I've made these simple mods, by heavy Mountain will now back through switches without derailing.

I haven't tried this on the light Mountains yet but I'm sure I'll get the same results.

-- Cheers Roger T.

Roger T.

They do if they are the 'nag'.

Reply to