Timonium Show

Folks, ....Last minute reminder..The Great Scale Model Train Show is this weekend at Timonium, MD (Baltimore). Check out site for newest updates

With display folks...over 700 tables, many fine clinics, great refreshments, operating layouts, manufacturers, large lounge/seating areas...very wide aisles, consignment area, free parking...much more. Saturday 9-4....Sunday 10-4. Admission is still $6 and you may return Sunday free of charge. All sizes and shapes of kids ...never a charge (we need them!!!) Zane and Young

Reply to
Howard Zane

while at the show stop at karls' kabuse for your brass needs in HO,HOn3,N,O, On3. 10q karl

Reply to
KYager1126

Is it ok to bring my Z scale stuff that I'm selling and walk around to try to sell it?

Reply to
coustanis

Sure, I think that would be just fine

Daryl

Reply to
Daryl Kruse - St. Paul Lutheran School

There is always a large "White Elephant" table at the show where folks who don't want or need a whole table can place their wares for sale at a small commission. The table is attended (to cut down on pilferage) and they handle the sales, accounting and disbursing to you at the end of the day.

I believe that the White Elephant Table would be the best way for you to market your equipment. It would certainly avoid any misunderstandings with the show management.

RWBooneSR

Reply to
RWBoone

Back in June, when I went to sell off my brass collection (all four models), none of the show management had a problem with my dragging my stuff about.

I spoke with Howard (nice guy!), and even checked out the White Elephant table. They take a 15% cut of whatever you put there. After a couple of hours, I took back both plastic diesels (an Athearn Genesis SD70I and P2K SD60, both undec) and eventually sold them to another dealer.

Dieter Zakas

Reply to
Hzakas

That's cool. Greenberg pitches his show to the public as a buy, sell or trade show. They gave me a bunch of crap for bringing a couple of items to trade one time. Greenberg, if anyone's interested, also partakes in retail price maintinence. He gives dealers grief for discounting his books etc. That's against the law. Too bad he's too small a patato to prosecute. S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster" "No shirt, no skirt, full service"

Reply to
SAIL LOCO