Victorian House

It was also modified into the "haunted house."

CTucker NY

Reply to
Christian

Thanks to all of you who posted in response to my original help request. A friend in the hobby business pointed me to Faller as several of you also have. He was close suggesting that I look at some other kit. While searching for it, I came upon a page with several new kits listed and there it was.

Interesting what some paint or different colored plastic will do to a building. Personally, I like the red brick & tan scheme instead of the grey & purple. The enclosed link suggests that the kit is part of the "red light district;" why they ruined the reputation of a good kit before it even hit the shelves beats me!

Anyway, for those who are interested, you can look at...

Thanks again!

dlm

Dan Merkel

I'd suggest you take a look at http://66.241.223.134/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=SS1125&Category_Code=SS1000&Product_Count=26,the Scale structures "Dorothy's House". This is available from Waltheers as well and I've seen it a few times at discounters. It is not plastic, and looks like a good bit of work to build, but should be a very nice foreground model.

rs

Rick Stern

Dan=A0Merkel wrote: Thanks to all of you who posted in response to my original help request. A friend in the hobby business pointed me to Faller as several of you also have. He was close suggesting that I look at some other kit. While searching for it, I came upon a page with several new kits listed and there it was. Interesting what some paint or different colored plastic will do to a building. Personally, I like the red brick & tan scheme instead of the grey & purple. The enclosed link suggests that the kit is part of the "red light district;" why they ruined the reputation of a good kit before it even hit the shelves beats me!

I'm happy for you, Dan! Glad you found an HO one. That house is one of my favorite N scale structures. I was going to use one as a schoolhouse on my layout, but couldn't find an appropriate location. Your search has rekindled my interest in the structure.

History of N Scale:
Links to over 700 helpful sites:

Bill

Do my eyes deceive me, or is that the same house as the "Haunted House" referenced in the previous thread?

Mike Tennent "IronPenguin" Operating Traffic Lights Crossbucks Special Effects Lighting

Mike Tennent

Before that "Baden Baden Spa." Before that as a mansion with a name I don't recall. It's been around for a while!

CTucker NY

Reply to
Christian