Walthers 2007

Did anyone manage to get the Walthers 2007 HO catalog? Was at the hobby shop yesterday and was told that because it's the big 75th anniversary edition they sold out fast and to date, no plans for a re-print. Apparently the only thing that can be ordered is some leather-bound edition.

What's with that?

~Brad fd64

Reply to
flyingdragon64

I think they sold out fast because they were priced at a reasonable $9.98 or so instead of the bloated 23.00+ of the previous years.

Leather-bound? It wasn't all that great a catalog - NOT a keepsake for years to come.

Reply to
Sir Ray

You might still be able to get it directly from Walthers, in the $9.98 paperback. Their website is taking orders, although it's shown as Sold Out.

Val

Reply to
Val

Brad, Check another hobby shop, or at the next train show or swap meet. I'm sure there are still some around, as I've seen dealers selling brand-new copies for less than the $9.98 list price at the DuPage show (Chicago area).

HTH, Stevert

Reply to
Stevert

I moved quick on this one just in case. A reader here e-mailed me about a hobby shop he purchased one at and that they had a few left. It would of involved calling them and making a deal, but that reminded me a lot of shops have eBay stores so I checked there first and located a couple easily (several shops had them but they seem to be selling fast as the place I bought from had only 6 left). I got 2 just for the heck of it and wouldn't be surprised if the value starts rising once everyplace sells out.

By the way I'm talking about the HO catalog. The N&Z doesn't seem to be moving quite as fast (our hobby shop did still have a stack of those and more are listed at eBay) but they might also start to disappear as word gets out about the HO catalog.

As for the leatherbound edition, that's what I heard. Could of been a rumor but don't know for sure. Does sound over the top for a hobby catalog yet I did see a "bound hardcover" edition in the eBay listings. It's hard to tell if it's leather (color is black) as the description doesn't specify (maybe simulated leather?). Starting price was $24.99 or "buy it now" for $29.99 (or close to that anyway). From what I can gather all these versions are signed by Phil Walthers for what that's worth.

~Brad fd64

Reply to
flyingdragon64

They were released in SEPTEMBER.

Where have you been for the last four month?

Reply to
Bill Dixon

Bill=A0Dixon posted:

That's a good question and I'd like an answer as much as anyone. I guess it's really been that long since I was at the hobby shop (aside from last week). But hey, it's only February. Even if the next catalog comes out this September that still leaves shops running out of copies with a

7 month wait ahead for the 2008. Not good.

I gotta get the 2007 Bachmann catalog too. :)

~Brad fd64

Reply to
flyingdragon64