Weathering

Check out this guy's weathering of scale model cars. In the auto world I guess its called "unrestoration".

mike.com

I've never seen it done that way, but this guy is really good!

You can almost smell that "old car" smell.

wade-kiki

A few years ago, Ertl was producing Muscle cars in a series I believe was called something like "Diamonds in the Rough". The cars had cracked windshields, primered fenders, maybe a dent or two. Similar to what this guy on eBay is doing now.

Ah, found a link to it,

Thought the idea sounded familiar.

Pete in Calgary, Alberta

Reply to
Pete in Calgary

Those vehicles actually look more "prototypical" to me. ;-)

Most people never have enough time or money to finish those complete restorations and end up driving around in vehicles that look exactly like the ones in the pictures.

Been there, done that..........

Reply to
wade-kiki