Latest threads in Model Railroad Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

DCC MUed Units Advice
I'm new to DCC, and have just added DH123 decoders to my P1K Milwaukee Road A-B-A Erie Built set. The loco numbers are 21A - 21C - 21B, which I've programmed as addresses 20, 21, and 22 (since a...
2
2

Another DCC Question
I was given a Digitrax for last Xmas and have finally gotten around to hooking it up. I programed the analog loco just fine on "R" "00" per instructions. It runs great. When I went to program a loco...
14
14

Laser Cutters
Does anyone know what kind of laser cutter is preferred for the production of laser kits? Thanks. dlm ------------------------------------------- Dan L. Merkel
13
13

More South Shore photos and a caption 'competition'
As promised. I've uploaded the photos of our visitor to South Shore on Wednesday 30th July. say he's an alien, some say he's human, but let's have a bit of fun. Can you find a suitable caption for the...
1
1

New photos including British as well as American model trains
South Shore Model Railroad club officially moved to its new weekly meeting place at Sompting on Wednesday 30th July. As this was the last Wednesday of the month we held a 'running' session. with...
5
5

Re moutain
A few years ago my mother used I think wall paper paste glue and cloth and used it to shape cloth with a mold to make christmas angles which she sold at a craft fair... She said it could also be used...
3
3

F/S Out-of-print RAILROAD and TRACTION books
Selling 40+ year collection. Most of the books are in like-new condition with dust jackets. For a list with descriptions & prices please e-mail me at and specify: RAILROAD or TRACTION or BOTH. Thanks,...

Am I being paranoid or is someone out to get me?
As most of the regular readers know I have been operating my fotopic site just over 2 months. As part of that site's facilities I get a weekly report on the top visitors. Last week's highest had the...
55
55

Plaster cloth sources and prices
Based on research (catalogs, on-line price lists) and experience. a) Woodland Scenics: not cheap, but easy to get if you are a regular at a hobby shop. call it Average. b) Arts and crafts suppliers:...
27
27

Results of Cliff Richard caption competition
The results of this weeks competition are shown on the picture at luck I'll be taking Lynneton Yard to South Shore tonight (Wed) and hope to get some photos for you so bookmark the site at and keep...

MODEL RAILROAD SYSTEM VERSION 2.1.17 RELEASED
Deepwoods Software is pleased to announce the release of version 2.1.17 of the Model Railroad System. This package includes a collection of libraries and programs designed to help the modeler with...

Mountain ?
I am trying to figure out how to build mountains. What materials do you use? Do you use plaster of paris? I do not know why this is being so hard for me, but I can not think of a way to do it. I was...
18
18

Powerful Booster
My club has a need for more power. (Who did I just hear grunt?) We've been looking at our options for several different boosters, and I'd like some opinions. We run a Digitrax DCC system for a...

Marklin HO DIGITAL For Sale
I have listed a number of Marklin DIGITAL items on and I will be listing more tomorrow. Click on this eBay link to see the items and photos: Thanks, Bill

Changes at Ajin
As of the end of this month, Ajin Precision Manufacturing will go out of the brass model business and a new company (with a similar name) will start up... anyone heard more about the reason for the...