Latest threads in Model Railroad Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Hexagon rather than circle?
On my layout design, I have what could be described as a "folded dogbone". Access to the inside of the layout will be given between the loops. Currently, I'm working on a preliminary design of the...
3
3

Results of this weeks caption competition and Cliff, Richard competition
The 'winning' entry for last weeks caption competition is now on my fotopic site at thanks for all those who entered. Cliff and I had a good laugh at them all, even though we couldn't print then all....
4
4

CLIFF RICHARD (and others) at South Shore - photos
Photos start at are 11 new ones for you to look at, all taken at our club meeting on 16 July 2008 Enjoy :-))
4
4

RGS - kits / model list updated again
I've updated my listing of RGS and related (Colorado, DR&G, etc) railroad kits. The listing includes a town-by-town listing of the RGS, and all the available kits and models available. I've also added...

Athearn Genesis F-7 Lights Help
I recently found an Athearn Genesis F-7 at a show, no box or instructions. This weekend I installed a Digitrax DH163 decoder, and all works well. However, I note the model has a second red light in...
1
1

eBay: Santa Fe Train caboose!? No thanks
x-no-archive:yes Why would anybody bid on this hunk of junk?
3
3

Snow Covered O Gauge Track
Does anyone know of any commercially available O gauge, snow-covered track? Something like the G gauge track that comes with Lionel's Christmas Special train. If not, what is the easiest way to create...
5
5

Well I'm impressed by this
You know, I was just jumping around, bored really and came across this interesting thread. You guys really know your stuff and I say this because I keep up with cars, the gas prices and all that stuff...
2
2

I need an answer a hobby question I was asked
HELP!! I have a Bachmann set and have some freight cars that wheels and bogies missing. How can I tell the difference between 33" and 36". Is there a way of measuring them. Should I get go with Kadee...
15
15

Result of caption 'competition'
For those who have been following the caption 'competition', the winning entry is now on the fotopic site at name of the winner is being kept secret to protect the (not so) innocent! Two close runners...
15
15

Oops! (Model This!)
An on-line friend just sent me a picture sequence of several UP double- stack cars that were accidentally routed through a tunnel that was a couple of feet too low to clear the top row of containers....

web-site up-date the bus stop
My first urban scene titled "The Bus Stop" finally has a bus in the scene. Then there's a story about my first unauthorized ride at seven years old The "Gasoline Alley" project got painted today. See...
1
1

Model Railroaders support Gambian Schools Charity
This is the text of a press release you might be interested in: Model Railroaders support Gambian Schools Charity Two members of South Shore Model Railroad club are raising money for charity by...

Remembering Gasoline Alley
I built a Jordan horse drawn cart and came up with a theme for it. See it at Anderson Elementor #14591 - Model Railroad Ballast
10
10

Uploading PDFs of railroad modeling magazines (scans) - inappropriate?
I have begun a project to scan all of my train magazines into PDF files to create a digital archive. These include Model Railroader, N-Scale Magazine, N-Scale Railroading, Railroad Model Craftsman and...
60
60